Today was a day full of plans of me and the boys. We are seven weeks and counting to Baby Liza's arrival and so, while I'm not nesting, there is a sense of urgency to complete some menial tasks. So after putting away mounds of laundry, cleaning out my closet, organizing my t-shirt drawer, and folding clothes in my cabinet I started to get ready to leave the house. Now this in itself is no small feat as me and all of my maternity clothes have broken up - I'm sick of looking at them but refuse to buy more because really its only 49 more days (but whose counting). Anyway I found an outfit, got the boys dressed, found the item that I have been meaning to mail for 2 months and started towards the car. But then I couldn't find my keys - not my normal set or my spare. Awesome. I immediately blame the boys. I dump out all of the toys. Nothing. My junk drawer - nothing. Under the couch or in the pillows - nada. Clothes from last night - didn't have pockets so not as issue. Purse - searched 4 times. Any purse that I might have carried in the last 10 years - zilch. All of the desk drawers, my vanity, under the sinks, in the toilets, behind the tv, behind the stove, underwear drawers, in the refrigerator - zip. I started to panic. I texted Dwight as a last resort, I hate having to admit that I have lost not 1 but 2 sets of keys. So I retrace my steps. And I remembered I had on a sweat jacket that HAD pockets maybe they were there. But of course I had washed the jacket, awesome and I had put it in the dryer. I pull everything out of the dryer and nothing. Then I think maybe it fell out in the washer. I pull everything out of the washer and laying there are not 1 set of keys but TWO sets of keys. Sitting there - just mocking me. They both work fine and now the spare set is with the other spares and my set is in the key tray.
One day the crazy train will stop and then what will I blog about?
Upcoming posts:
Baby Bedding Mishap
What's in a Name
Recipes
My Sister's Baby (she's due Thursday!!)
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, pregnant brain. : ) I washed my mom's keys over Thanksgiving. We searched and searched and found them in the washer. However, I would like to add that you got a lot done before you even ventured out of the house. I am impressed!
I am so living the same life in another house. I cannot seem to get ahold of an sanity at all. This made me smile and tear up all at the same time. Bless your heart. If you ever need a ride or just want to feel better about yourself, just give me a call.
Post a Comment