Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Baby Bedding Mishap

Ok so some of you are blessed enough to have multiple daughters - we have been blessed with multiple sons and now a daughter. I was so excited to get to change our nursery bedding, the boys just used the same stuff for multiple reasons a - it is cute, b - they are super close in age so it was still good stuff, and c - I'm cheap when it comes to stuff like that. Ok anyways I have AGONIZED over the bedding. my obvious first choice was something pink and super girly, which would pretty much ensure that my daughter was a tomboy, but I never found anything that I was just dying over. I did find a cute set at Restoration Hardware that would do but I wasn't 100% on it. Then I found it! It was perfect. Girly but not overly girly, multiple fabrics, fluffy bumper, and it just looked peaceful. It was a little on the pricey side so I googled it until I found it a little cheaper and went for it. It took 3 weeks and when I got it I was soooooo excited! It came in a big white box with the brand stamped on the side and it just looked like fun. The boys were asleep and so I had time to myself to relish in my new bedding, I couldn't wait. I ripped open the box and much to my horror it is NOT a fluffy bumper like the picture on the internet shows. The bumper fabric and ties are different as well. I was deflated.
Dwight walked in at this moment and looked at it and declared it adorable and I really almost burst into tears (I might be a smidge hormonal). The only way to describe it is when you get a haircut and it looks cute, and people tell you it looks good, but its not the cut in the picture that you took to the salon. So I'm trying to decide what to do. Do I send it back and start the search all over again? I mean its not all wrong and it is cute. OR do I keep it and for all of eternity think that it is not my fluffy bumper that I wanted. So there is the problem with the bedding :(

4 comments:

Honeyed Hashette said...

It would make me upset too. If I were you I would return it and get what you want. If you are anything like me it will bother the pants off you that you don't have your fluffy bumper.

Muah! I hear you on the hormones too and I COMPLETELY understand!

Randi Freeby said...

Feel ya! I say find what you want. You are going to spend hours upon hours in that room soon and you want to be proud of it. That doesn't mean that you have to spend an arm and a leg but, you don't have a girl everyday, right?

Rebecca said...

Is it just the bumper that bothers you, or the whole set?> If it's just the bumper, send just that part back and get the more expensive bumper to go with the more practical priced bedding. Otherwise, send it all back and get what you want. You didn't buy anything for the 2nd baby, so just think of it as making up for that! :)

Shannon said...

I say send it back! If it were me, I would be thinking about the original bumper every time I was in the room and staring at the crib! Even if it doens't get here by her arrival, you'll have some time while she's in your room.

It was great to see you on Tuesday night! I love the name Liza by the way, but didn't get a chance to tell you then. Thanks for your order, too!! Hope your sister loves the shirts!