Friday, November 06, 2009

Walker County Southbound


Earlier this week the boys and I headed down to my grandparent's house for my grandmother's 89th birthday. We left our house around 8 and we were making pretty good time. A stop in Fairfield gave us a little break to play at McDonalds and we were back on our way in less than 20 minutes. Our second stop was for an emergency potty break for Scout. We were about 3 miles north of Huntsville (location of several large prisons including a federal one) where there is a great rest stop, brand new, clean potties, playground, and easy access. We have stopped there before and its really nice. So since I was making the trip by myself I felt comfortable stopping there. Well apparently 2 DPS officers and their prisoner in leg irons and handcuffs also felt comfortable stopping there!! Umm hello? You did see that we were 3 miles north of Huntsville - this obviously rather high security prisoner couldn't hold it for 3 more miles?? And he is obviously not in prison for unpaid parking tickets or there would be no need to leg irons and handcuffs. I mean maybe the state shouldn't pay for prisoners to have super big gulps in the backseat as they are being transferred between locations. I know the chances of him breaking loose and making a run at me and my kids was slim but it was oogey and creepy and could have been avoided if the 2 officers had 1 iota of common sense.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Ummmm, very creepy.