So I mentioned in my last post that Dwight has a kidney stone. As soon as we started researching stones one thing kept coming up over and over - a kidney stone is worse than child birth. I am not kidding every website had that on it and and every person we talked to said the same thing! Our dear friend, Rebecca, has had both - a baby without any drugs and a kidney stone - and she said honestly the stone was worse. Well from all of Dwight's wallering and carrying on you would have thought he was having a baby.
I, on the other hand, have never really had a contraction. Both of the boys were scheduled c-sections and I'm already looking forward to this baby coming out with no pushing. So I really can't relate to all of the pain that Dwight is in. But let me just say that our hospital feels that kidney stones and having a baby are pretty much the exact same. We got the first bill from Dwight's visit to the ER (remember we were only there for 6 hours) and it is almost $1200.00 more than my 5 day stay that included c-section, spinal block, nursery fees, doctor to preform Ryder's circumcision, and extra procedure for me due to an infection!! $1,200.00 MORE and we did not leave with a super cute little baby and in all honesty Dwight didn't feel that much better when we left.
So for anyone that has ever said that having a kidney stone is worse than having a baby - you are sooo right!!
*After reading Stacie's comment I realized that I didn't mention the above bill does not include a trip to the urologist, the surgical center, or having it blasted.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I had a 10 mm kidney stone and had to had lithotripsey (sp?). Thankfully, mine didn't move too much...so it wasn't near the pain that childbirth was (I delivered Brody w/o the aid of drugs). The bill, however, was about 3 times MORE than either of my L&D's! INSANE!!!! I was only there for a few hrs!
speaking of babies, do you know if you're having a boy or a girl yet, or is it a surprise? I meant to ask you Sunday!
Poor Dwight, and poor bank account!
Well...I could not imagine any pain worse than delivering Gracyn--that was ROUGH! I'm going the c-section route next time around! But, I asked Amber Saturday after she passed her kidney stone which was worse and she said that having a baby was because the pain lasts longer.
Oh girl...I have had both...kidney stones and childbirth, with no pain meds. (I was totally stupid back then!) Anyway, it is quite painful...in fact, i compared it to childbirth pain. I am so sorry that you ALL had to go through it, but especially Dwight...it hurts!
Ugh...Derrick had a HUGE kidney stone several years ago and they used lithotripsy and a stint to remove it. I think it must be worse than child birth because he was miserable for about a month. Can you imagine being in labor for a month?!
Post a Comment