Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Yellow Jersey

So I was back at spin class this week - maybe next week I'll go twice in one week - and Lance Armstrong was back. But this time he had on an amazing onezie (see below), black shirt, and white bandanna around his head. He still had the clippy shoes but still no helmet.
But really here's who I want to talk about. The girls that came to the 5:45 AM spin class and they are a size 2, have on make-up, there hair is in the cute pony tail, and they are so skinny they can wear workout pants that have something written across the bum. Ladies - the early class is for people who don't want to work out with the pretty people. If I wanted to work out with the pretty people I would go to the gym at 6 PM. There is no one there to impress and there is no need to have on make up to work out. I mean come on, really? Diamond earrings at the crack of dawn? I mean if I were a size 2 I would totally take the 6 PM spin class so everyone could see how hot I was.

4 comments:

Staci said...

Wow! Seriously? That onezie is a little over the top!! I agree about the makeup/hair! I get up in time to roll out of bed, throw on my clothes, go potty, and drive to the gym for the 5:00 am spin class! NO WAY I'd get up early enough to do make up and hair...of course most days I don't do that during the day either! lol

I will say that 1/2 of the people in my spin class wear bike shoes (clippy shoes). They say that it's a better workout b/c you can pull up with your legs better while your peddling...working your entire leg muscles better. I'm actually contemplating buying a pair to enhance my workout. I just won't wear them to your gym ;)

Jennifer said...

HA! I TOTALLY get where you're coming from! I went to Jazzercize faithfully after I had Bennett and the people I saw there were RIDICULOUS. Nobody should be allowed to look pretty between the hours of 5 and 8AM.
And by the way, I think you absolutely qualify as one of the pretty people. Who says a size 2 is the only way to qualify? Not I, because I like to think I'm pretty and I'm NOT a size 2 (nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be! :) )

Randi Freeby said...

I don't even get make up on at all much less 5:45 am (which I am usually up then). I think you should try to hit them with your bike. If you want someone to make you look really good, I will sacrifice and go with you.

Chesley said...

I don't know why you mess with makeup because you are just going to sweat it all off!