Last week one of my oldest and dearest friends joined a club that no one ever wants to be apart of. Randi's mom was diagnosed with cancer. The details are still coming in and you can check out her blog for more information. But the short version is that Sharon found a lump in her arm, tests were done, cancer was found in her left breast. Words cannot describe what Randi and her family are going through. As a friend I feel helpless, what can I do. I'm not a doctor, I have zero medical knowledge, and everything else seems useless. Saturday was Randi's 30th birthday and I struggled over what to get her until I heard the answer on the radio (funny how God can speak to me through KISS FM). The 3 Day walk benefiting Susan G Komen. I have created a team to walk in Sharon's honor. I'm calling all friends, loved ones, and anyone else to join me. The team is Sharon's Harem and we walk on November 6th - 8th. So please consider joining me!!
the link is here. The team name is Sharon's Harem and the password is her last name. Email me if you have any questions. I am working on a date for a team meeting so if you want to join let me know what dates are good for you (I'm looking at the second week in April).
So will you join us, because in 3 days we can honor one of our loved ones.
Monday, March 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love the idea and of course I am in. You are such a great friend with a huge heart for other people. Thank you.
I love your heart Tara!! I know you didn't come up with this so people would tell you what a great person you are, but I want to tell you anyway. You have such a way of knowing ways to bless others. Not sure about being a walk during this baby creating time of life, but I will donate to the team members! Great idea!
It's difficult to write a comment through tears, but I cannot read your loving post without thanking you from the bottom of my heart! Your words and the actions you've taken reveal such compassion! I'm so thankful for the lasting friendship you and Randi share!
-Sharon
PS "Sharon's Harem" makes me laugh!
I would LOVE to do this but I am in the Monica club and don't see it happening. Maybe I can help out in some other way. What a great idea! I just love Sharon and I love you and your BIG heart!
You are such a great person to do this for a friend.
Post a Comment