Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Drumroll Please!!!!

The SAHM nominations (click on the link if you are unfamiliar with the SAHM awards) are in! I received some great ones and I am super excited to see how this goes. Here is how it works: look below, make your pics, email me your choices (only 1 vote per category), and check back next Wednesday for the results! Feel free to ask your friends to vote.



And the nominations are in...

For best hair:
Jamie
Randi
Chesley
Chris
Emily


Best use of make-up while parenting multiple children:
Shelly
Brittany


Best in jeans:
Kelli she's the one on the far right
Jamie
Alyson in the main pic she's the one on the left

Most With It:
Courtney
Becky
Allison
Jenn
Kelly

Best Hostess:
Courtney


Best Tantrum:
Payton - When I was at Chuck E. Cheese without Tony one Packed Friday night, the kid, while laying prostrate on the ground, grabbed the ankles of a complete stranger and would not let go when I told him it was time to leave. I had not brought in my baby carrier so I actually had to ask the complete stranger to hold my baby while I bent down and pried Payton off of his ankles....Just so you know Degree anti-perspirant is not able to work in every situation.

Scout - I can't narrow it down to just one story, let me just say that our precious son is helping me work on patience and the art of discipline.


Best SAHD/ Best Part-time SAHD
Jared - husband of Betsy
RRL - husband of Allison

Best Mom with a job:
Kelly
Meredith
Allison
Wendy
Emily M.


Best Babysitter:
I decided to eliminate this category because I felt weird about posting information on minors that aren't my own kids.

Best New Mom:
Amy
Katherine
Heather
Melanie

Additional category - Moms Who Impressed us in 2008:
Amy
Shelly
Christine
Kim - if you were looking earlier there was a pic of Kim but then I discovered she has a BLOG!!
Kate

5 comments:

christine pinson said...

mine was done this morning but just got sent...but funny enough most of mine matched...i can still vote, right? love this...only wish there were more categories because i know TOO MANY AMAZING MOMMIES!

Randi Freeby said...

This is too much fun and I love the new background. The picture of the boys is great.

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW BACKGROUND! These two boys could never be tantrum-proned! You always entertain me with your posts and I especially like your reflections on the Inauguration (can you believe this was one of Melissa Jo's spelling words this week - 2nd grade?! Wow!) Anyway...I love you, sweet friend! Hugs!

Kelly said...

It is truly just an honor to be nominated and to be surrounded by such greatness as my other nominees. :)

Jennifer said...

Okay a) love your new blog format
b) I think it's hilarious/humbling all at the same time that I'm up there with the likes of those other women...was somebody smoking crack?!
c) great idea to do this - it's really a fun, encouraging idea!