So today begins an amazing season of well just amazingness. Not really sure it happens in other countries but in America like clock work it happens. Awards Season. Aaahh nothing says amazing more than a bunch of people who pretend for a living getting up and saying how challenging it was to make this movie and then accepting an award for it. An award that was voted on by other people who pretend for a living. And all this is done while wearing a really expensive dress, borrowed jewelry, fancy shoes and escorted by a hot date - probably have a few security guards in tow as well. I don't' watch award shows because seriously it drives me nuts. It was not brave or challenging or hard for someone to make a movie - they are not innovative they are not forward thinking - it is a movie. It is entertainment for the masses and should be seen as such. Now I love movies, I love going to movies and I like all genres of movies I just don't think it should be such an elevated position to be a movie star.
So i have a new mission. Introducing the first annual SAHM Awards Show. (Stay At Home Mom). I have selected a few categories and I would like your nominations on the following:
Best Hair
Best Use of Make-up while mothering multiple children
Best in Jeans
Most With It
Best Hostess
Most Amazing Tantrum (ok this category is actually to nominate a kid, but it has to have a story with it)
Best SAHD (I don't know any stay at home dads but we don't discriminate)
Best Mom With a Job
Best Babysitter
Best New Mom
Ok here's how this will work:
1. email me your nominations no later than Jan. 21st
2. check the blog on Jan. 22nd to see nomination lists
3. email me your votes
4. winners will be announced on Jan. 28th
5. you can nominate anyone, I was thinking mainly friends but whoever is cool - first names will be posted and a link to their blog - I won't use last names. If no blog is available to post I will try to get a picture of the person.
Not sure about statues or prizes yet, I am working on sponsors. Now this is all meant in good fun, so no one get your feelings hurt and let's keep it clean. My email is taragoodwin@gmail.com
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You crack me up...really!
I love it! You make me laugh...so is there a category for best entertainer?? best comedy??
Hilarious!
I am so honored to be a nominee!! You are definitely deserving of best blogger!! I love reading your random observations, and agree with them.. am lol at the inauguration observations... You are hysterical! I love the pics of your beautiful boys.Hope to see you at church soon, if we ever make it back:) love, kim
Post a Comment