Dear Sir or Madam,
I honestly appreciate your movies. The level of skill and imagination that goes into each film is unparalleled. The talent of your writers, animators, actors, and others is unmatched. However, as your movies are made for children would it be possible to make them kid friendly?
For example - it is not necessary to have Lightening McQueen called a moron or say that he is in "hillbilly hell." In Lion King do the hyenas really need to goose step as they march (while I appreciate the illusion watching my 2 year old copycat is not funny). Or even Peter Pan, why does Tinkerbell have to have body image issues?
I understand that you are making movies not only for kids but also for the adults that have to sit through them as well. And believe me after the 8th viewing of Cars in one day I can appreciate the humor, but not at the expense of my son repeating the above words.
So when creating your next work of genius, that I am sure my son will be completely captivated by, please keep us in mind. And maybe ask yourself, "Would it be good if a 2 year old repeated this?"
Sincerely,
Tara
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love it...my dad once told me that there was a huge movie studio who said that they wanted to get back into making family/kid friendly movies, and that studio was Disney. What?!? Of all the studios to stray, this SHOULD NOT be one of them! I agree wholeheartedly, and I don't have kids. In Beauty and the Beast, Gastaunt drinks in a tavern. I've heard numerous curse words or at least words that shouldn't be repeated by kids in Disney cartoons.
Okay we are in the Car's movie too right now and I seem to hear more and more little phrases they have added that makes my mouth drop somtimes...somtimes I am soo glad Weston can not repeat what he hears!!!!
Post a Comment