These are some home care nuggets that were passed onto me from various sources and thought they were useful enough to give out.
1 - to remove yuck stuck to a pot, fill with enough water to cover the bottom, boil, and then easily scrape out the gunk
2 - use vinegar when mopping, add about 2 caps full to your water and watch the dirt disappear
3 - staple extra buttons, thread or special care instructions to the receipt for clothing - that way if there is anything wrong everything you need is in one place
4 - menumamas.blogsot.com - you might know some of the contributors and everything i have made off of here is delicious
5 - washing things on cold, its eco friendly, it cleans clothes, and it preserves colors better
6 - spray and wash with resolve - i know everyone swears by oxyclean but i never had much luck with it, s&w though has been amazing! scout's shirt from his b-day party was covered with cupcake, candy, drool, and apple juice - it sat in the laundry basket for over a week and i sprayed it down washed it and it came out white as ever.
7 - fruit snacks - while not the healthiest they work in a pinch and are always good to have around. the walmart brand was 1/2 of the price and "nutritional value" was the exact same plus they were over a dollar cheaper
8 - neosporin helps with diaper rash, this is after you have been using balmex/desitin/beaudreax's or anything else - it locks wetness out and can fight the rash
9 - some of the Beechnut Baby Food #2 have heavy cream, milk and wheat - just good to know
10 - cooking with a cast iron skillet can be healthy - not every meal - food prepared in an iron skillet absorbs some of the iron which in turn is absorbed into your bloodstream
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Tara... you are so right! #7 is one of our favorites... those little packs of yummy treats are always what pad the holes in our suitcases coming home :) and what we ask for in care packages from the grandparents, because they help us make it through church on sundays and shots when they come around. and I was also going to say that aquafor (sp?) is good for #8 too. I've been using it on Grant and it really does create that good barrier... bag balm is good too if you can move past the fact that you have to buy it on the pet aisle :)
I was cleaning out a Beech Nut jar from Morgan's turkey/sweet potato dinner last night and read the ingredients! I was really surprised to see heavy cream and sweet whey on there. I guess I need to look at the labels closer...I just bought it because it's cheaper than Gerber!!
Thanks for sharing your tips!
I need to try Spray and Wash. Zout did not get out the pizza sauce stains on Casen's shirt, and I need something that will. Menumamas recipes look yummy, good link.
I love helpful hints like these - just be sure you don't by a mop that says you can't use vinegar on it! Clearly the next time I buy a mop I will be more careful :)
Post a Comment