My blow dryer from college finally died. Just to give you a hint at how old the dryer was - I got it my junior year and I graduated in 2000. So almost 9 years old. Its been a good dryer, seen me through ups and downs, marriage, kids, travels, and just life in general. I know its not rational but I create bonds with inanimate objects so I'm really having a hard time throwing out the blow dryer even though it has no hope of working again.
But since it died I had to buy a new one. I had tested my sister's Chi blow dryer, it was amazing. A little heavy but it did great things for my coarse, wavy hair. It was also very heavy on price, so it was out. I went to Target to do some field research - there is a whole aisle of blow dryers! Ceramic, travel, retractable cord, colors, attachments, you name it they make it for a blow dryer. It had been 9 years since I had to get one so I had no clue. I finally settled on a moderate price one that is red, which I feel like should make me happy in the mornings since red is supposed to be a happy color (I tested that theory out this morning and it was wrong, a red blow dryer will not make you excited that your 2 year old was up at 5:45 and that your hair is still frizzy). No sooner was I home from the blow dryer excursion than I see a commercial for a blow dryer for coarse curly hair! Hello!! Why wasn't that on the Target aisle?
Oh well here's to a new relationship and many years to come for me and my red blow dryer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have a straightener like that. I'll definitely be blogging about it too when it finally bites it. That will be a sad sad day.
Post a Comment