When I worked for my dad's company I was one of a handful of girls in the entire industry. I loved it - I loved being the girl in the guy's club, it was way fun. I rarely ever got yelled at, like my male counterparts did, my 99% male clientele thought I was way funny, and they were way nicer to me. One especially took a liking to me - Frank. Frank is roughly 70 years old, smokes like a dragon, and though I have never seen him drink I would assume he can throw back a 6 pack a day. Frank loved me. He quit sending his business to be quoted elsewhere and just let me have it, he would call just to chit chat, and he was genuinely excited when I got pregnant. Just before I left on maternity leave he called and said he had a gift for me. He sent me a jogging stroller. He found it at a garage sale, cleaned it all up, put new tires on it, and sent it to me on one of our delivery trucks. It was one of my favorite gifts and we used it a ton, and will keep using it.
I heard from Frank a few times after I left, he would call me and check on me and Scout. He told me that he didn't like the girl that took over for me, but hey when you've had perfection the only way to go is down - right?? Then today happened. One of my managers called and told me Frank had replaced me. There is a new new girl and she handles Frank's account and he loves her more than he loves me. He made her a ring! I know this really shouldn't be a big deal, but I'm kind of sad. Frank has moved on, I guess I should to. So here's to you Frank, all the good times we had, I will think of you fondly each time I push the jogging stroller.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Before I got to the end I thought you were going to say he died! I'm happy that wasn't it. Sorry you've been replaced :(
I thought you were going to say he died, too! Sorry you have been replaced. When I left my insurance job in Abilene, I was seriously worried about my "regulars." That was so nice of Frank to send you a jogging stroller!
I also thought you were going to say he died. I am sorry for your "loss" though! You are a crack up! love you--
You are hilarious Tara...Glad Fred is still alive and kicking!
Love you-
BJB
I, too, thought you were going to say he died! Sorry you have been replaced. But I would much rather have a jogger than a ring! :)
Funny! I was ready to hear you were heading to the funeral. Even if it's not a ring, the pimped out jogging stroller is pretty impressive!
Post a Comment