Friday, April 18, 2008
Was that meant to be a compliment??
Ok forever ago I went to the mall to get some more makeup foundation. The type I buy had been discontinued (annoying) but the sales lady said she would help me pick a new one. Ok great. So she turns and asks to look at my skin - pretty typical. Then she says, "Ok you are young, vibrant and you have really dry skin." Huh, what? Did she just insult me? Then she says, "Wow, 2 kids, and you're still smiling?" Huh - why wouldn't I be? Have you seen them, they are adorable and at the time neither one was screaming!! But then the lady behind me in line chimes in (which honestly she was wearing pink frosted lip gloss so I really can't give anything she says any credit) and says, "I don't know how you do it, did you mean to have them that close?" Ok seriously? It is one thing when my friends and I talk about this (yes Ryder was unplanned but I wouldn't change anything for the world!!) but it is quite another when a stranger comments. So my question is were they trying to make me feel better because I had my hair in a ponytail and was in serious need of under eye concealer or were they trying to encourage me?? People are soo weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment