Ok so this week I made a menu for dinner. This may sound like I am super organized, but I'm not and I never will be. On Sunday I looked online for recipes, chose a few of our favorites, and borrowed one from my sister. I wrote down everything I would need for the week, left the boys with Dwight and headed to the store. I was done in less than 30 minutes, spent half of what I normally do, and we were set for this whole week. It was amazing - and so easy. Even when Dwight got home on Monday and said he would rather have Tuesday's dinner it was not stressful, I got to the kitchen rearranged a few things and voila dinner was still ready by 5:30! So here is the menu for this past week, nothing grand, nothing out of control but way fun.
Monday:
Pizza Calzones - made from Pillsbury croissant rolls, pepperoni, onions, and cheese. These were super fun because Scout helped me put them together.
Tuesday:
Turkey Burritos - DELICIOUS!! Ground turkey, black beans, 1 can of rotel, 1 packet of ranch dressing, 1 packet of taco seasoning. Served on tortillas or bread and everyone loves them plus they are only 150 calories!
Wednesday:
Dijon Chicken - made in the crock pot, probably won't do this one again but hey, I tried.
Thursday:
Cheese Quesadillas - super easy, super quick, and everyone loves them.
Friday:
Farfalle With Shrimp, Asparagus And Parmesan - ok I'm using regular pasta instead of bowtie (farfalle) and I will let you know on Monday if it was any good.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Way to go!! I'm so impressed with your yummy menu items. I think I will use this as my own meal plan for next week! I started doing the meal planning thing after I had Jack and do it almost every week now b/c it has helped make me a much more SANE person. I felt like I went to the store 500 times a week and it was getting out of control! I didn't think I could ever be that organized either, but surprise---I CAN!! Of course I have weeks that are not as planned out as others for whatever reason, but overall it has made our lives much calmer in the evenings and, like you said, we spend a LOT less at the store! And how nice is it to go to the store w/o children in tow?? This was not meant to be a braggy comment about how organized I am---more of an encouragement to you to keep this system up if it makes your life easier! : ) And I think organization for me will be a lifelong process---it does NOT come naturally. Ask Tra. : ) love you--
Love the menu idea - and they sound very yummy. I have tried this over the years and have never been successful, but you may inspire me to try again.
Okay - on that last post - I only have one thing to say...the world is full of idiots. (sorry if that offends anyone!)
You, my dear, are precious!
Hugs!
So proud of you!! I have found that chicken is not usually good in the crockpot (except for this one chicken and dumplings recipe I tried.) If you ever need or want to plan a menu again orgjunkie.com has menus every Monday and links to other people's blogs that plan for the week. I have found it helpful at times. She usually has links to her recipes too. Have fun!
Post a Comment