Okay so yesterday I told you I have an unhealthy fear of water. Today's story about me is how I met one of my dearest friends because of water.
In college I was not friends with Allison - not that we were mean to each other, we just didn't' hang out. I knew who she was and she knew who I was but we ran in different circles. Fast-forward 5 years. I get an email one day from Allison. She and I are both pregnant, due around the same time, and we go to the same church - so she emails me and wants to know if I want to go to maternity water aerobics with her. I agreed - which if you read yesterday's story this is a HUGE MAJOR for me, I hate water - ended up that we laughed our way through 5 months of splashing around, pregnant, in a pool in the basement of the hospital. We totally bonded. Our boys were born 3 weeks apart and became fast friends - they hug each other and get really excited to hang out with one another. When I got pregnant the 2nd time I was bummed that Ryder wouldn't' have a playmate like Scout. Well, low and behold Allison was pregnant too! 3 weeks after Ryder was born Allison welcomed her second little boy.
So now not only do I have a friend and confidant but she is also a mom of 2 boys, does God know what He is doing or what??
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ok, this story is even better to me knowing that you are afraid of water...what about water with hairy instructor man who gets IN the water and occasionally spits mouthfuls of it back into said pool...even I am afraid of THAT water!
Love you, friend. Thanks again for tonight!
Isn't it the greatest having friends to go through the ups and downs of mommy-hood with us?? Also--I never knew about your fear of large bodies of water. Could it be from the time you rode your big wheel into the pool at a very young age?? : ) That pool was a large body of water to you at the time!
Post a Comment