As I lay on the operating table almost a week ago all I could think about was teh past episodes of Grey's Anatomy that I had watched. There are way to many accidents going on at Seattle Grace Hospital for me to ever feel comfortable having surgery there. But I was in Grapevine with the same set of doctors I had last time (minus our anestesiologist which is a whole story in itself) and all I could think was what if something goes wrong. What if the spinal didn't take, what if I crash and the doctor has to do emergency brain surgery (I was pretty doped up at this point) what if I blow a heart something or other and they have to do a transplant. You name it I thought it. So for our next c-section my plan is to not watch any medical shows for at least 5 months leading up to the procedure, hopefully that will help.
In other news things are goign great. After my complete hormonal break-down on Saturday things are better. We went to Sunday school today and then our neighbors had us over for dinner. Ryder is eating better which is a huge relief and we have stopped supplementing with bottles of formula. Scout is pretty taken with the whole baby thing. He gives Ryder kisses and pats on him - when we learn to be a little more gentke I think I will feel better. The only time Scout really freaks out is when ryder gets a bottle - Scout reverts back and wants one too. So this week we are going to buy a bunch of new big boy sippy cups and see if that helps.
Other than that things are pretty amazing. Ryder sleeps a lot so we still get to play with Scout and hopefully he still feels loved.
I will try to post more pictures tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I have been praying for you...that the transition is going well, you are healing up, for Scout...all that stuff. Glad to know your head is still above water and that Ryder is doing well!
Hmmm. I'll have to remember to stop watching medical shows! lol
I'm glad that things are going well and that Ryder is eating better!
Don't you know that doctors hate all those medical shows and how they freak people out?!
I'm glad you guys are doing well. It will keep settling into a routine and then just when it gets settled, something will change and you will find a new routine that fits better. Such is the nature of having small children! Isn't it wonderful how it all works together and you do have that little bit of extra time with your older one while the new baby sleeps so much? I hope you guys have a very special Christmas!
So good to see you Sunday! Took me about 10-12 weeks to get comfortable juggling two by myself. You look great!
Post a Comment