I know this may be a shocker to some of you, but there are things that I am not good at doing. Probably the number one thing I am bad at is asking for help. I hate to feel vulnerable, indebted, or that I am putting other people out. That said on Monday morning when Dwight went back to work I realized I needed help.
The morning started normal - Ryder and I fell back asleep in my bed, Dwight got Scout a dry diaper and his milk and then put him in bed with me. No sooner had the garage door closed when it all fell apart. Scout looked over and saw Ryder laying where he normally lays and he just starting sobbing. He was crying super hard and saying, "Baby!" It was heartbreaking - I started crying and I couldn't pick him up and he just wailed. Finally he fell down next to me and went to sleep. We all 3 slept for about 2 hours. When I woke up my sister just happened to call and I told her the whole story. After I got off the phone with her not 5 minutes later my other sister and my mom both called and said they were on their way. They packed me and the kids (Dwight packed himself when he got home from work), they cleaned my house, and then loaded us into the cars and whisked us to my mom's house. My dad took Scout to Chick-fil-A for a little man on man time.
I feel so much better, I can concentrate on loving on Scout and feeding Ryder without having any other distractions. I don't have to worry about laundry, cleaning, cooking. So maybe I will get better at asking for help because I could get used to this! And on top of it all I get to hang out with my family - it doesn't get any better than this.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
oh tara!
I am praying for you and am thankful that your family took you under thier wing. families are such a blessing to us when we allow them to help us. I am horrible at asking for help too so good for you for taking them up on their offer.
merry christmas!
susan
That's the way to do it! I know how hard it can be to ask, but families (and us friends) love to help! So glad you're all getting loved on!
What a BLESSING to have your sweet family here to take care of you! (and me!!) Next time around we need to converse and make sure to schedule #'s 3 and 4 (respectively) at LEAST 6 months apart so I can be a helper too! :) Looking forward to playing soon! Big hugs--
I am glad that everything is under control now...I think I am going to either move back to Abilene to move in with my mom or have her move here. We'll see...I haven't talked to Ryan about this yet. We can't wait to see sweet Ryder again soon!
So glad you were rescued! Prayers for you and your family as you recover!
Girl! Do not be afraid to ask for help, I have been down your road. It will get better, don't worry about anything, just yourself and kids. You will make it!!
You are definitely normal! I have the hardest time asking for help as well. What a blessing to have such great family!
what a blessing. It is such a special gift when others give of their heart like that. I feel the same way about help. I remember when some friends did that for me while I was at treatment once. What a special thing and a great feeling. Enjoy your family and the Holidays!
Post a Comment