I don't want Scout to have a lot of toys. He prefers to play with Tupperware and tennis balls anyway so we just don't buy him any. As a matter of fact I have never bought him a toy. He received some AMAZING gifts for his birthday and seriously he thought he was in hog heaven. I even kept some at the top of his closet for a while and would pull them down when he had been good and we would open a new toy.
All that to say I got the Fisher-Price catalogue today and there was one toy that jumped off the page at me and not in a good way. It is just down right creepy. This would freak me out - imagine waking up in the middle of the night as a toddler and seeing this staring back at you...
Here's the really creepy part she can say over 70 interactive phrases, she sings, plays games and has silky soft hair you can brush. She is 34"tall and requires 3 AA batteries. I would rather my kids just have imaginary friends they are much less scary!

7 comments:
I saw this toy in the catalog also and thought the same thing. Something about a lifesize Dora just doesn't seem right to me. Have you also seen the Barbie and Tanner (who is a dog) toy? Tanner eats a treat and poops the treat out whole so that it can once again become edible. Also, Barbie picks up Tanner's poop with some sort of contraption. Very disturbing toys these day! I think we will just stick with Matchbox cars and the like around here!
That thing is seriously scary!
So I'm correct in assuming you would recommend me taking this back and finding something else for Hayley's "big" Christmas present??
OH MY!!! That is so freaky!! I think I'd have nightmares if that was staring at me all night long!
Its scary and a hundred and twenty smacks...No way.
Let me know when Scout graduates to Pyrex, I have a ton he can have!
BJB
Actually, I put Dora in my front seat so I can drive in the HOV lane - works everytime!
So very very scary. This is why I love being friends with you we have such similar parenting philosophies (we are very much minimalists in the toy dept). I've said it 1,000 times and I'll say it again, everytime KJ come to me and says "all the other kids have/do (fill in the blank)" I can say "that's not true, i know Scout's mommy and daddy don't let him".
Post a Comment