Monday, October 22, 2007

10 years and counting

My 10 year reunion was this weekend. We didn't go to the dinner but we did go to the football game on Friday night. I haven't been to my alma mater's football game since my sister graduated 4 years ago. It hasn't changed much at all. It was good to see the handful of people from my graduating class that were there. Most of us had kids similar ages and we were all in similar life stages, which is good because it helps conversation flow. One guy brought his 6 week old little girl - she was precious! The biggest brown eyes in the world, soo cute!
After half time we headed out to the parking lot for a diaper change for Scout, throw him in his new jammies (pictures to follow) and head to Abilene. Because not only was it my reunion but it was Abby's senior year Homecoming at ACU.
We rolled into town around 12:45 and checked into our room at the MCM Elegante. We have discussed this hotel before, nothing has changed in 20 years - and I love it. They did have new bed linens this time and they were okay. We got up early and went to breakfast and then the parade. I love the parade. Abby was in it for the last time this year :( Scout LOVED the parade - there was music, candy, and clowns does it get any better??
After the parade we went to chapel. At the end of chapel they always sing the school song and then The Lord Bless You and Keep You. I cry every time - except this year, I was wrestling Scout and Ryder was having none of Scout being on my stomach. After chapel we headed to lunch and then back to the hotel for naps, mainly for Scout but I took one too. We went to the game a little late, okay we didn't get there until the 4th quarter but that is just the right amount of time to take Scout to a football game. ACU didn't win but they played really hard and Abby's hair looked really cute while she was cheering. We sat next to the band and that was fun - they played the Jaws theme song and scout thought that was hysterical.
After the game we headed to my cousin's house for a cookout, yummy! When we got in the car to head back to the hotel I could have sworn it was midnight - mm nope, it was 8:40. We got back to the hotel and crashed. We got up the next morning and went to church at Highland. Their nursery was AMAZING! Scout didn't even cry. There were a ton of volunteers in his room and they were all so super cute and sweet. I didn't even feel nervous leaving him. We put Scout and Adalyn in the same class which helped out a bit. We were able to enjoy service, which was about the tower of Babel and it is a separate post in itself.
After church we headed to the Abilene Country Club - I don't care where you have been it is the BEST country club buffet in the world. They have everything! Caviar, waffles, shrimp, at least 12 desserts, the cheese trays, mashed potatoes. It was soo good. We left straight from the club and Dwight drove 90 (literally 90 mph) to get home to see the Cowboys kickoff. I will never understand that but oh well. We got home and crashed! I woke up from my nap at 7, ate dinner, and went back to bed.
So the 10 year reunion is over, Homecoming is done and the counting begins for my college 10 year reunion!!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Busy weekend! Glad it was fun. We missed you guys last night!

Staci said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Can't wait to see the pics :) I'm glad y'all made it back in time for kickoff ;)

Shelly said...

You are amazing. I don't know HOW you did all that this weekend!! I know it was a blast! Sorry we missed out on being w/ everybody in Abilene! Sounds like it was LOTS of fun! Love ya--

Wade said...

I totally get the Cowboy kick-off thing! Just be careful when you drive through Baird - terrible speed trap!

Monica said...

WOW I bet you needed another nap today. What a busy weekend even for a non pregnant girl. Sounds like you had fun. I always love an ACU homecoming weekend. Too bad my husband doesn't get it. I find there are a lot of things about ACU peopel don't get unless they go there. Sing song for one. Guys are wearing makeup and goofy smiles and calling themselves straight. Just hard for those outside of the Christian college circle to get. : )

Kendra said...

Your post made me tired and hungry all at the same time. Good times!I bet Abby's hair was SO cute!!

Unknown said...

I got tired just reading this! Glad you made it back from your whirlwind safely. It was fun to see you last night.