Sunday, April 08, 2007

Tough Love, Short Sleeves, and My Entourage

Scout has been waking up in the middle of the night and it is rough. I usually get up try to console him and then end up sleeping on the couch with him. This is not good sleeping habits for Scout and this is not good for my marriage. So last night Dwight said we were putting him in bed and not getting him out until the morning. I am not good at this, I don't like to hear my baby crying. I put him in his jammies, put him in bed and then sat in the living room and listened to him scream for 45 minutes. I cried. It was horrible. Then after 45 minutes he went to sleep. I waited a few minutes, checked on him and then I went to bed. I woke up this morning at 7 and Scout was still asleep. It was amazing. A full night's sleep and I actually felt rested. Tonight we put him in bed in his super cute pjs that Aunt Shelma gave him. he cried for 5 minutes and then went to sleep. I am a huge fan of this!
So today is Easter. I bought Scout a cute, but not girly, Easter outfit. It is short sleeved, green and white gingham, with his monogram on the pocket - adorable. And it was freezing! He couldn't wear it I was so bummed. Next year, I might buy him a snow suit.
Tonight is the season premier of Entourage. It got me thinking - when I become insanely famous who will be in my Entourage. Dwight and Scout are totally in. I will have someone whose sole job is to fix my hair everyday (famous people can't wear ponytails every where they go) - I will have someone to keep my schedule (hey - I'm famous now) - and I will have someone to pick out my clothes (this can be very stressful and so I would like low stress). Now all I have to do is get famous!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about your back up dancers??? love you-abs

Kendra said...

I want a role! Too bad I have no necessary talents to help you out . . .babysitter??

Good job with the tough love. You will be soooo glad in the long run, and Nanny 911 will never have to come do intervention at you house! he! It's much easier to listen to them cry it out in a crib than keep putting them back in the big boy bed when they are 2. No fun. I think we should all pretend next week is "wear your Easter fineries" at church week . . .what a bummer of weather for the big cute clothes day!!

Wade said...

Seeing how I kept running into you and Dwight I guess I will play the role as the crazy stalker once you're famous!

Julie said...

I am so proud of you!

I was a major tough lover mommy and I am so glad because it works out so much better in the long run. I just turned the bathroom vent on in between our room and his room and shut all the doors and told myself "he can't hurt himself and he can't get out of the crib."

But I will tell you the first time we did the cry it out thing, Ryan cried from 12:45 am-3:30 am. I am not kidding.

I don't know where he gets a strong will from...

Staci said...

I'm so proud of you!!! It's hard to let them cry it out...but it's sooooooo worth it!

Shelly said...

Scout CRIES?????

Kelly said...

I feel for you and am envious of the full night of sleep...we're in the middle of the middle-of-the-night-cry-it-out phase. It started with about an hour of crying around 3:00 a.m. and is now down to just about 10-15 minutes. I see glimpses of the light at the end of the tunnel...

Also, a true entourage also has a personal umbrella holder! (I'm a sucker for reading People magazine at the grocery store.)