Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Global Warming

There has been a lot in the news about global warming lately - personally I think it is just the next beg alarmist bandwagon to get on (Y2K, the Bird Flu, etc..). But I really think that if the world were getting warmer then my son wold have been able to wear his Easter outfit on Sunday. And if the world was getting warmer Shannon and Staci wouldn't have had snow on Easter Sunday (check out their links to the side). Did you know the last time it snowed in Texas on Easter was 75 years ago? And how do we know the world is getting warmer? We have only been keeping weather and temperature records for the last 100 t0 150 years. I'm over it. I am now going to put on my sweatshirt and put a jacket on my son so we can go outside today - global warming, bah humbug!

7 comments:

Kendra said...

You make me giggle . . .

Linda said...

Do you mean you didn't buy The Inconvenient Truth?

tara said...

Don't even get me started on The Inconvenient Truth!! I did watch it to develop my own opinion. And let me just say Al Gore is nuts. From credible research that has been done it looks like the Earth goes through hot and cold cycles (which is appropriate since we call it Mother Earth, hello menopause) every so often. So I really don't see how this is all of George Bush's fault. Why didn't Al Gore do something about global warming when he was in office? Oh - right, he was too busy inventing the internet.

Linda said...

You are a hoot.....and I totally agree with you about Al Gore and his followers!

Unknown said...

You are so funny Tara! I agree that Al Gore is a wacko, and I am SO not into Global Warming. Pretty much, I hate our modern day documentaries because I feel like you can pick and choose research to prove your point while neglecting to include other relevant research. It isn't really a documentary by definition.

Boone and I were actually talking about global warming today, and I think it is something like 17% of meteorologists, who actually study weather patterns and are experts in the field, believe in global warming; of that 17%, the percentage drops to single digits (don't remember the number) of meteorologists who believe that global warming is manmade. I mean, if the experts don't buy it, why should we believe Al Gore? Where did he get his meteorology degree from that qualifies him to be a weather expert?

Shauna said...

Have to agree on this issue. We have had way too much cold precipitation this winter in TX for things to be getting warmer.

Staci said...

Amen sista! I think it's funny that people think we have so much control over God's creation. Kinda arrogant if you ask me!