Whew - I am glad this week is almost behind us, it has been packed with way to many ups and downs.
Sunday was great! Went to service, went to class (which is like gigantic group marriage counseling), and then we went to our small group. We meet at a friend's house and they have a Wii and I don't want to brag but I dominated in tennis. We are now on the look out for a Wii, I NEED one!
Monday, pretty uneventful. I did go get Red Lobster for dinner because Dwight was at BSF and he would never go to Red Lobster.
Tuesday. After that we went to Scout's doctor for a weigh in. They seem to think that Scout is not gaining enough weight (18 pounds - 7 months old, whatever). HE hasn't gained enough for them so we had to take him for testing, they wanted him tested for a milk allergy, a gluten allergy, seliac disease, and anemia. I got in the car and lost it - I don't want him to be sick. So we plan for the blood work. We also went to dinner with some of Dwight's coworkers. I have been reluctant to go to dinner with them because I get nervous around new people. We had a blast. I can't wait to hang out with them again.
Wednesday. It started out with Scout and I going to visit my doctor. I kind of have a crush on him. He's my parents age but he is just so nice. He scheduled our C-section on a Saturday morning so he could do it before he went out of town. So we get to the doctor and I have Scout in the stroller and in walks the doctor. He immediately sits down and starts talking to Scout. Then he gets the book out of Scout's lap and starts reading it to him! Does it get any sweeter than that? We went home and waited on Dwight to get home. Once Dwight got home we went to get Scout's blood work. I was ready to ball my eyes out. But the guy that drew the blood was soooo sweet and Scout didn't even cry. He was a tough little boy.
Thursday. Today I went to my parent's house to pick up some stuff and ended up spending the whole day with them. I love hanging out with my parents.
Tomorrow - We have Upwawrds cheerleading and then relaxation.
Saturday - 2 hours worth of cheerleading games and then Scout's pictures!! Yeah.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You are busy! I totally understand your feelings at the doctor. Our doctor is concerned about Elise's weight as well--but, Scout at 18lbs. sounds very healthy! But what do I know.:) Hang in there and keep us posted on his blood work. We go in two weeks to see if we need to do the same tests, I might need your support!
You're a busy momma! That seems funny to me that 18 lbs. is too skinny for 7 months?!?!? I have quite a few friends that have smaller babies and they didn't weigh 18 lbs at 7 months...but like Jenn said, "What do I know?!" I'm no doctor. Keep us posted!
I won't post my thoughts about your doctor right now. I need prayers for forgiveness and no bitterness. :) Again, Jack is 20 pounds and ONE YEAR OLD. I think your doctor needs some new charts. Or I could be totally wrong and maybe Jack needs some bloodwork. I'm looking forward to hearing the results---I'm sure they'll be PERFECT, just like Scout!! love you
OK, well, Casen must be seriously in trouble because he is 18.5 lbs at 1 year old! I guess maybe it has to do with growth rate, rather than actual weight (Casen has always been small for his age, whereas, maybe at previous check ups Scout was at a higher percentage.) Who knows! I think 18 lbs at 7 months is fabulous. Don't lose too much sleep about it, seriously.
I've probably already told you my story, but if you want to feel much better, go see my pediatrician. John weighed 16 lbs. at 1 year and instead of immediately ordering testing, our doc was patient and gave me a few things to try while waiting another three months to make doubly sure what his growth pattern was doing. At the 15-month checkup everything was fine. I'm sure they are looking at his growth pattern instead of just his weight but he's also become much more active recently which causes them to burn more calories. I feel pretty sure that's what John was doing. Kids grow at different paces!!! My doc said you look much harder at their overall health, strength, and happiness to see what's wrong or right. Scout sure seems like a happy, contented camper to me!! You are such a FANTASTIC mom!!
I think 18 pounds seems pretty healthy also. Crazy! Jackson only weighed 5 pounds more at 1 year and the same at 15 months. I think mobility burns a whole lot of calories! Keep us posted! Also, post some pictures of his pictures!
Post a Comment