Monday, January 29, 2007

Miss America

okay so the Today show is running a thing on the Miss America drinking scandal. Really can we let it go already? OK she messed up, get over it. She went to rehab, I don't need a play by play of her life. I mean aren't we over beauty pageants? Aren't they kind of 80's? Let it go.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Ha ha ha! You make me laugh! And yes, they are SO 1980s.

Wade said...

Hey T,

That girl's life is a soap opera . . . and soap operas sell!

Which is a sad commentary on our society, ain't it?

W

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Good comments.

I think that there is far too much emphasis on the problems of the private lives of celebrities in our society and often not enough emphasis on society's own family problems. Some of these people who are so concerned with Miss USA should perhaps be more troubled with issues at home.

Cheers,

Russ:)

Unknown said...

I think we should let it go also. I saw that some other beauty pageant winner is pregnant and relinquished her title. I guess this has just been a very bad year for beauty pageants! I also agree with the 80s comment. Who even watches these things any more?