Saturday, January 13, 2007

Things I am not good at.....

I am not good at being a single mom. Dwight has gone skiing for the long weekend and so I am here with Scout - all alone. So we started off the day having to go to Dallas to pick up some stuff, totally unexpected. Not a major, just not on the schedule today. I had to make it back to Fort Worth for cheer leading practice. I left Dallas at 5, giving me an hour and a half, and I barely made it!! The sports minister had scraped up a diaper for me because I had none for Scout and literally his diaper runeth over. So we leave practice and it is pouring. I have to get Scout in the car, get the diaper bag, the cheer leading bag, and the stroller in the car without getting drenched. Needless to say I got drenched. Once in the car I sighed with relief - we could go home and relax. I pulled in the garage, unbuckled Scout and then remembered I had no diapers. Back in the car, to the grocery store, out in the rain and into the store. Get the diapers and finally back home again. Scout didn't get into bed until 10. How do single moms do it? It is only a weekend and already I am set for a meltdown.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Amen to that! I have enormous respect for women who manage to sanely raise children alone! It makes you SO grateful for sweet daddies. We'll make sure to pass Scout around and give you a little rest break at care group tomorrow! You're such a great mom!

Staci said...

Are you a cheer sponsor? I'm guess for FWC? How fun :) I had a long weekend by myself when Brody was 8 weeks old and it was sooooo hard! I feel for ya. Hurry home Dwight!

Wade said...

Dwight,

When you get home, please call me. I want to know how you got your wife to agree let you go skiing!

Just last night my father-in-law asked if I wanted to go with him to Taos in March. Kelly gave me 'the look.'

So I need some help with this!

Let's be sure to discuss sometime this week when we bump into each other unexpectedly,

W

Unknown said...

I know what you mean! Sometimes, I don't even realize how much Boone does until he goes out of town. Hope you got some time to pamper yourself or take a nap when Dwight got home!

The Sexy Knitter said...

Tara,

I have no idea how those single moms do it! I'm not sure I could even manage a whole weekend by myself alone with kids! You sound like a trooper to me... : )

Kendra said...

I'm so sorry, Tara - that's a very not so fun story for sure. Praise God for Daddy's - maybe when he gets home you can have a nice Mommy's night out? Sorry you got all wet!!
kendra

Amanda said...

I am loving finding people I know on this thing! (I found you on Courtney's.)

I am totally with you on the single mom thing! I don't know how some women do it! Daddies are such a gift!

You told me the Santa at Chelsea Lane was cuter than the one at NE Mall...and I completely agree! Those pictures are so precious!!