I know the title sounds long but I have a ton to write about.
I am having trouble loading pictures so I will do that later.
Halloween:
Scout was a pea in the pod - cute as can be. We went to the church and walked around. scout was so excited about his first Halloween he went straight to sleep. So Dwight took me to Rosa's and then we headed home.
Now, I grew up in a household that didn't celebrate Halloween and now that I am a parent I totally understand why. As much fun as it is to get dressed up and get candy it is a holiday that was started and never intended to honor Christ. We are definitely praying over what to do next year.
Lake Jackson:
We took Scout to Lake Jackson for my Mullie's 86th birthday. It was such a blast. It was the first time for many things. The first long road trip - he was an angel! First time to Lake Jackson - he did great! And the first time to sleep in the pack and play - slept like a dream. My grandad made us dinner the first night and then on Saturday night my aunts and uncles came over for a big dinner. I love getting together with my mom's family. It was such a good time. On Sunday we went to the Lake Jackson Church of Christ. I love going to service there. We sit on the same pew my grandparents have sat on for 40+ years. We actually use the song books and they ask you to mark the next song for the invitation song. It is steeped in tradition but at the same time there is such a sweet and sincere spirit of worship. It is so meaningful to go and worship with my grandparents and Scout's great-grandparents.
Recipe:
9 can stew.
brown 1 pound of ground beef and drain
put meat and the following in a crock pot and let cook for at least 2.5 hours
3 can beans (black, kidney, pinto, ranch - whatever kind you like)
3 cans of tomatoes (rotel, stewed, chopped - any combination of the 3)
3 cans of minestrone soup
Super easy - serve with cornbread
Phone Calls:
Over the past few weeks I have received several calls in the middle of the day for Dwight. And then one asked for Dwight and if he wasn't available he wanted to speak to Dwight's office manager. Now would I be considered the office manager? I think so - I keep this office running. And TXU must be scared to death thinking we may switch providers because they called 6 days in a row. Can we really be using enough energy to constitute this many calls? I think not.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YOu have no idea how glad I am to see a post from you...I was giving you 15 days and than I was going to do something rash to get you to post your thoughts again...
We missed you in class...I have many stories to tell when I see you tomorrow.
I am so glad that you had such a great time at Lake Jackson. Love you Goodwins!
BJB
Post a Comment