Friday, October 27, 2006

What about Bob?

Scout is now 4 months old. We had his well check today and he is 16 pounds, 27", and has a 17" head. Everything is going well with him. He got his shots and it was so sad but he is asleep now and doing good.

Last night we went to an ACU event honoring Bob Hunter. Our friends Ricky, Allison and their son Korben babysat Scout. This was the first time I had left him with non-family members. We dropped him off and he smiled and started playing. I got in the car and sobbed. It was the hardest thing to do. He did just fine and had a great time. All I wanted to do was get back and snuggle with him.

As for the event it was a blast. Bob Hunter is the state rep. for Taylor County, Abilene is the main city in Taylor County. Bob's office is on the ACU campus and he has been one of the staunchest supporters of ACU's growth. He invented Sing Song. And this year he is retiring from the house of representatives. There were a handful of speakers that sang his accolades and a video that interviewed people about Bob. Amy Grant preformed - amazing. There were over 800 people there to celebrate the greatness of Bob Hunter. But the truly amazing thing was to watch Bob before the event - he went to almost every table and spoke to everyone there. He knew most of the names of the people seated (there were no name tags or place cards). It was phenomenal. I wish God had blessed me with that talent because I am horrible at recalling names. That said it was a wonderful evening but all I wanted to do was get home to my little boy and give him hugs.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

So glad you survived! I certainly know the feeling. We have such a short time with these precious little people while they're so small - it's hard to give any of it up! Glad you were able to go and enjoy it.

Staci said...

I'm glad you got to go! Sounded like it was gonna be fun. That's crazy that he's so good with names!