Sunday, August 20, 2006

We've Moved!!!

I can hardly believe it but at 8 weeks old we moved Scout into his crib. He has been sleeping in a bassinet right next to our bed, but that all changed on Saturday. After his dinner I put the really cute jamies on him that Aunt Aly gave us and laid him in the crib. He stared at me for a second and then when straight to sleep. I stood there for a little bit willing him to start screaming so that I could put him back in the bassinet. I stood at the door praying that he would wake up and not want to go back to sleep - no such luck. I went to my bed and held the monitor just waiting for him to cry so I could scoop him up and bring him back to our room. Not even a whimper from that kid. It broke my heart, he's growing up so fast it's just painful.
On the flip side I slept really good for the first time in 8 weeks. I didn't hear him twitching in his sleep and I didn't wake up until almost 4 am (this is a record considering he went to bed at 10). But still, here I am at 11:30 sitting on the couch blogging, and I keep thinking he's going to wake up and want his bassinet back. I guess this is what it is like to be a mom and watch your babies grow up.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Wow! Good job, Tara! You will sleep so much better and so will he. You should be so excited to already be getting that much sleep! It is hard, though! I'm always so ready to have my little man wake up in the morning!

Chesley said...

Tara-you will sleep so much better now that Scout is in his own bed. I remember trying to will Garrett awake too! I do remember having those moments when I would hear Garrett sound like he was choking over the monitor and I would get whip lash trying to get out of the bed to get to him. He was always fine. I will say that I still check on him a million times before I go to bed. I agree with Courtney..It's the best walking in his room in the morning and we are both so excited to see each other. It's just the BEST!!!

Julie said...

You da man!
We started Ryan off in his crib from the get go and he always acted cool with it. I was like "don't you want me????" But it is the best feeling to walk into his room and see his little face over the side of his crib waiting for someone to come get him.

Kendra said...

I remember that night with all 3 of the boys . . .I think the transition to the crib came earlier and earlier with each one, but the first night was always a wierd one. I wish our babies didn't have to grow up so fast either . .and it just starts to go faster and faster all the time! Tyler just started Kindergarten last week, and I'm still in shock that he's not the one still in the crib here at night. Oh my.

Anonymous said...

Ok Tara, I can totally relate to this b/c we just moved Bryson into his twin bed last night! I was so sad and was waiting for him get out of bed so I could tell Brian I didn't think he was ready for such a big move! It totally didn't happen that way, I tucked him in and he was crashed out until this morning! It is fun but sometimes hard to move on to the next phase! Kendra