1. Scout got his shots today. Dwight had to hold him and the nurse hit Scout with all 4. I didn't cry but I really wanted too. Scout looked at us like he hated us and then just bust out in tears. But we had a great nurse, she was quick and very sweet to our poor little boy. We quickly swaddled him and he went to sleep. Now he is sleeping peacefully, so all in all not a horrible experience.
2. Dwight and I went to Wal-mart on Tuesday. While we were talking to one of Dwight's old students I saw a teenager (17 or 18) kneel down by the candy at the checkout. And then I was floored - he looked around and then stuffed a candy bar into his sock. First that is disgusting and second it cost maybe a dollar. And normally I would have felt sorry for him but then I saw him proceed to the chekout and spend about twenty dollars, so he had the money for the candy. And I thought of all these things I should have said to him once we left. Like walk over and give him a dollar, or yell "THIEF!!" really loud. I hate it when I think of stuff to late.
3. My sister is bringing Taco Bueno for me for lunch and I can't wait. Whoever invented the party burrito deserves something - I don't know what but it needs to be big and cost a ton of money. I love the party burrito.
4. If you are looking for a really good white t-shirt (or black or grey or brown) they are at Target. The Mossimo short sleeve t-shirt for $8.99 is the best deal ever.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I know how you feel about the shots. Garrett had his today for his one year. I have to face him to hold him down. I can't watch them give it. I am thankful they are so quick. I HATE needles. I am also glad that Garrett is a tough little boy. I am afraid it is going to get harder the older he gets.
Thanks for the post about the t-shirt! I actually went today & couldn't find the one you were wearing last night (so cute!), but I did get a different Mossimo white shirt.
Sorry the shots were so miserable :). At least he won't remember it!
Hey Tara! I don't know if you remember me, but I worked with you at the Grapevine Mills Old Navy about 7 years ago! I am also Wade's sister in law.
Have you had any diaper explosions after eating Bueno? It wasn't pretty for me at church with our 11 week old:) We live in Temple now and the closest Bueno is in Waco (37 miles away), but I still think I would suffer through nasty diapers to enjoy a burrito!
Just wanted to say hello. Take care!
Shannon (Enright) Bankhead
I LOVE Bueno! We got our first one in our area of KS this year!!! We eat there pretty much everytime we go to town (not just b/c it's cheap...but b/c it's good!)
Ok, I seriously lost it when KJ got all 4 of his shots. I am taking Ricky with me next time (or making him go alone). It was Korben's look that killed me, right before the screaming started.
Thanks for the t-shirt tip. I foresee a Target shopping trip this weekend (not that it would make this weekend different than any other).
See you tomorrow.
Amen on the party burritos. They are beautiful things. You can't get better than super cheap and really good! They're already one of Little John's favorite things to eat too! Whenever we pass a Bueno he starts begging for a "bu."
Post a Comment