So one of my dearest friends in all the world bought Scout a paci clip for a shower gift. It's really cute and silvery and has 2 different ribbons to connect to his pacifiers, so we always color coordinate with our outfits. I think it is probably one of the best gifts we got. It makes it ten time easier to find the paci while I am driving. I reach back, find the silver clip, pull on the string and tadah - paci! We wear it with practically every outfit and it is in the diaper bag regardless.
Now the problem is that I have had 2 people make comments about it. One, who shall remain nameless but was the bestman in our wedding, called it a broach. And the second was another mom who told me my son would grown up and hate me for making him wear it. So I am posting a picture of said paci clip and I would like opinions.
7 comments:
We like it, Tara. And the fact that you coordinate the ribbon is even better!
Julie
I have that same passy clip from possibly the same person and I have never once thought that it was girly. Now, if Ryan and Scout are still attached to the passy at 2 years old (which is another problem in and of itself) and won't go to mother's day out without their pretty silver passy clip, that might be a problem.
I like it, but even more than personal opinion is its function. We couldn't survive around here with out the paci clip (we refer to it as a plug holder around here). Perhaps you should prepare for the day when Scout may or may not get mad about the clip by recording what life sounds like without the pacifier and asking him what he thinks you should have done - put up with incessant screaming or attached the clip. I also think that if he does get mad about the clip, you should bring that to his attention when he has his own children.
It took me three whole months to start using the Paci Clip (yeah, I just like to make things tough for myself). The first time i used it, though, and was not having to crawl around on the floor for a lost pacifier, dig for a clean paci in the diaper bag, drive down the road waiting until we got to our destination to find the lost paci etc... I realized its value immediately. Who cares if it is girly (which I don't think it is)- I am with Kate M, if he gets mad make clear to him what the alternatives were.
If you are really concerned there are Zebra, Hippo and Elephant ones at Babies R Us...but none as cute as that one and none with changeable ribbons.
Allison
So I guess I'm in the minority on your comment page :) It looks kinda girly to me. I showed Mike the picture and asked if he'd let Brody wear that paci clip he said no way! I'm definately in favor of the paci clips...but I'm with the "bestman" in thinking it looks like a broach :) SORRY!!!!
We have that paci clip. I used it a lot when Garrett used his paci in the beginning. I think it looks very "classy". Think of a man wearing really nice cuff links or a tie pin. It's very dashing and I love that you can change out the ribbon! Anyways, He's your baby and if you want him to wear it then I say put it on him. He looked precious at church in his sailor suit and his paci clip matched so well!
I love paci clips, Tara, so you just use it away!! I'm sure there are things that Scout will not like when he's old enough to have an opinion on them, and I have a feeling his little sailor suit that WAS very cute might be one of them as well. Like I said, it was too precious, but I have this feeling he will give you grief for it when he looks back at pictures! But your friends are right - as the mommy, you are in charge of clothes and paci clips for now, so if it works for you, keep it up! That's called "mommy prerogative" (sp??)
Post a Comment