On Valentine's Day 2005 my most dearest husband took me to the Galleria to buy me something that I had wanted for quite a while. He escorted me to the Louis Vuitton store and let me chose the purse (within reason) that I wanted. This was a major for my husband because he just doesn't spend money. I have carried that purse for over a year - every day regardless of the outfit I carried the purse. I love the purse (not like a real love because if my mom is reading this I know a purse cannot love you back).
This morning I looked longingly at my purse - it sits on a shelf in my closet and it calls my name. It begs to be carried, it needs to be carried, it wants to be carried. Yet with the diaper bag, the carrier, the stroller, Scout, and trying to remember what I have forgotten I cannot carry the purse. There is no room for the purse so it sits.
And then tonight it happened - I had to run to Target and Dwight said, "let me watch him." I heard the purse practically scream my name!! I carried my purse, I hooked it under my arm and held it close. I got really excited when I went to the register and I had to get my wallet out of the purse. I got in my car and placed the purse next to me. It is now back on the shelf until my next outing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Is this the same purse Hayley spilled hot sauce on at Chipotle the weekend you got it? :) Glad you were able to carry it this evening! I'm sure it does miss you too!
I know how you feel!!! I am a purse girl and I had gotten a new Louis for Christmas when I was first pregnant. It's the one that looks like a tootsie roll. (Can't remember the name) I carried that sucker everywhere and then I had Garrett and it went to the top of the shelf. I had the same thing happen to me every time I went into the closet -it would call my name. I want to say that my first outing with my purse was Target too!!! I have a little Louis that I can throw in the diaper bag if need be. It's great- you should hit Dwight up for a little one! Christmas will be here soon!
LOL! I especially like that you can acknowledge that the purse can't love you back ;) I'm glad you had a chance to carry your long lost friend!
probably my favorite blog post I ever read! Ode to Louis... I am laughing out of control....LOVE YOU! -Elizabeth
Yeah, I TOTALLY know how you feel!
I feel the same way about my hat. I love my hat. It's a great hat. I'll put my hat on and I think, "Man, great hat."
The really cool thing about my hat is that it's 'versatile' - meaning, you can wear it different ways. Like one time, when I was wearing my hat, I said to myself, "I wonder if I can wear my hat backwards." So I did. I wore my hat backwards and it looked really great!
And then another time, when I was wearing my hat, I said to myself, "I wonder if I can wear my hat sideways." So I did. I wore my hat sideways . . . I think it's only supposed to be a frontwards or a backwards hat because even though it's a great hat I kinda felt a little dumb with it on sideways.
But other than that it's definitely a great hat!
So yeah - I know how you feel!
Tara,
So glad that you were able to get out on your own, and even more happy that you had your stylish purse (or long lost buddy) to go with you!
Natalie
Post a Comment