Wednesday, August 09, 2006

It was the breast movie ever!

Warning - If you don't want to know about breastfeeding in public don't read the below.

We did it - I feel like we (my sister Alyson and I) have achieved a milestone in motherhood. No longer are we confined to going to each other's houses or even to the mall, no we can venture further. We can go to movies!! That's right. We went to the movies. We took the babies (Aly's little girl is almost 4 months old and Scout is almost 2 months) to see The Devil Wears Prada, we promised Scout our next movie would be more boy related. It was great!
First, do you know how cheap a matinee is? Each ticket was only $4!!!
Second, we got there a little late and sat on the back row. We were the youngest ones there by a good 50 years, me and Aly that is. Scout got hungry right when we sat down. Since the lights were already dimmed I did what I thought I would never do...I fed my child in a public place. Now I defend this by saying we were on the back row, it was dark, and there weren't a lot of people. IT was great. He burped and nary a head turned around. Adalyn passed some serious gas and nothing - no one even gave us a dirty look. Aly had to stand up to sway Adalyn to sleep, didn't disturb a soul.
What have we been missing out on? There is a whole world that we didn't know about. It's cold and dark, good for sleeping babies. It can be loud and have bright colors, good for more alert babies. The seats are comfy and pretty close to the right size for holding a baby and nursing.
I'm thinking of starting a movie club - like once a month we all get together and go to a matinee and commandeer the back row. It would be awesome.
As for the movie - 2 thumbs up, I highly recommend it.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so brave to take Scout to a movie! I have never taken Jackson and am still scared to do so, especially now that he always wants down to play. Scout sounds like such a laid back little guy!

Unknown said...

Tara, sorry to comment twice, but I agreed to help Wendy with our 10 year high school reunion, and I was wondering if you could e-mail me at katya0026@hotmail.com with your e-mail address as well as with anyone else's e-mail addresses you have from our graduating class. I have no idea how to track people down, so I am pleading for your help and Natalie's help in this matter especially since you both actually live in the Metroplex. I would appreciate your help so much!

Staci said...

Glad it went so well! I'm gonna have to get over BF'ing in public since I plan on bringing Brody to work with me and feeding him here!

Wendy said...

I wish I had done that. I wonder if I still could. Hmmm...

hejlyeah said...

TOTALLY! Way to go Tara. It's Sara Martin, by the way ...

I never went to the movies when Cooper was that little, but now I wish I had! Hope all is well girl.

Kendra said...

Enjoy it now, Tara - babies at movies at great. Toddlers at movies are not so fun! You've got a few more good months left so start the club, and keep me smiling with all your fun posts!

Julie said...

Love it, love you. Love the mental picture. Maybe I will cross over the breastfeeding in public line also!

Anonymous said...

Tara,
You crack me up. I love reading your blog. By the way, by the time you get to kid #3, you'll be breastfeeding in the middle of McDonalds at noon with a crew of construction workers at the table beside you.
Love ya!
Rebecca