In life there are 2 kinds of fast lanes. 1 - the actual fast lane, its the one on the far left hand side made for driver who can keep up with the speed of traffic, talk on a cell phone, reapply lipstick and put a paci in a screaming newborn's mouth all while driving at least 75. 2 - The other fast lane is the life of the rich and famous, this fast lane has some serious bumps along the way, just ask Mel Gibson. I noticed things about each fast lane today.
I would like to direct my first comments towards people who drive in the fast lane but go the speed limit or slower. You are not supposed to be in the fast lane - it is not for you, you can't handle it!! Get out of the fast lane, if people are getting into the right lane and going around you, you are going to slow. If people are driving by and giving you the angry look, a one finger salute, the what are you thinking hands, or making a gun out of their hand and pointing it at you - move over! I am sick of it. There a signs posted that say the left lane is for passing only, how can you possibly be passing if you are going slower? Get over, it is not a sign of weakness it is a courtesy to all other drivers. Thank you.
As for the other fast lane - they are the ones that go to Nieman Marcus and they aren't fazed by something that is on clearance and is still $300. It kills me - today we went to Northpark Mall and Niemans is having their last call. Tons of fabulous designer clothes are on sale. But you see since Niemans shoppers live in the fast lane and I guess the fact that something is 50% off yet still coming in at $300 is okay. I don't think I can afford that kind of fast lane or even if I could my husband might have a coronary when I tried to explain a $400 dress with the phrase, "but it was on sale for half off!!"
Thank you for reading - I feel much better.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'll never forget the day when I was about 10 years old and was riding with my grandma down I-30. I seriously thought I was gonna die! She was going 35 mph and was complaining that no one would let her over into the left lane!!!! Yikes!!!
Amen about the driving!!! Get over already!!!
Post a Comment