I am a big fan of food. Like a huge fan of food - I like all different kinds of food and usually I am up for trying new kinds of foods (unless I have indigestion). When I was little we used to go to Disneyworld and one of my favorite places to go was Epcot. We would go to all of the different countries and try food at each place. Amazing. I went back to Epcot when I was a senior in high school and we went to the Japanese restaurant and the Moroccan restaurant - both to die for.
In NYC I love to go to Carnegie Deli - the sandwiches are massive and the cheesecake, oohh the cheesecake! In Austin we go to the Hula Hut. Whoever came up with the idea of mixing Mexican food and Hawaiian food is sheer genius. Teryaki fajitas and salsa with a twist of pineapple - I highly recommend going sometime in the fall and sitting outside its beautiful. In Lake Jackson I enjoy the Windswept - now to get to the Windswept you drive to the chemical plant turn left and then turn right into the trailer park. It rocks. If you go you have to get the shrimp all you can eat and don't bother with the salad bar its pointless you are there for the shrimp. In Paris there is this little bistro just behind the Sacre Cour at the back of the square. You can get the onion soup (since you are in France its not called French onion soup) and the lamb chops. There is a little lady that plays the piano and she loves to play the Dallas theme song if she knows you are American. In Rome you probably can't speak the language but everyone knows Italian foods. Just about 2 blocks from the Vatican is Charlie's. There are no tables and it is more like a deli than anything else. But oh the lasagna and the portions are huge. Even better there is a gelato place right across the street.
All this about food because people have been bringing us meals since we got home from the hospital. And let me just say they are not bringing nonsense. These are serious meals. One couple brought us Dickey's (Dwight's fav BBQ) and others have made us their family favorites. Its amazing! Thank you to everyone, we really appreciate every bite.
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You definately have diverse tastes! I have to say that Epcot was my LEAST favorite part of Disney World when I was a kid. I think we ate Mexican (my parents figured that's the one country we might actually eat the food from). I'd love to go back now and try some of the more exotic stuff! As a kid I thought Epcot was so lame b/c of the lack of rides! lol
Yet another reason I love you so much. Maybe we can take our kids to Disneyworld together some day and you get to be in charge of where we eat! :) I remember being in New York with you guys and eating like every 3 hours or so and thinking, "I was MADE for this family!!" Happy Eating. . .
ps. Happy 1 Month Birthday, Scout!! (a day late) We love you!
Tara- I just stumbled across your blog because I stalk people's blogs and then read their comments and then I find new people's blogs...wierd...Anyway, you look great, Scout looks great, everyone looks great! Sounds like you are well suited for stay-at-home motherhood. I think I am bringing food to you guys on Monday...is that right? Do you know? This latest blog entry is going to be helpful with what I choose to bring. Thanks!
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»
Post a Comment