Whew what a week! I turned 30!! It is so weird. I was talking to Abby (baby sister) about it and was telling her it just felt weird and in her great wisdom she asked if it was weird because I thought I would never turn 30? YES! That is it, I honestly never thought I would REALLY turn 30. It just seemed so far away that I never really considered it to be an issue. Is that weird?
But I had a great weekend. Dwight asked me to get a babysitter for Friday night and said we were going to dinner. He asked my opinion on where to go so I said Truluck's - mmmmm! He looked at me and said he didn't really like that place, umm ok well we won't go there on YOUR birthday. But for some reason I let it slide, which if you know me this is sooo not my personality. So Friday night comes, we get dressed and head out. We start driving towards downtown, and I start thinking ok Del Friscos, Texas De Brazil - alright! He passes Downtown, this isn't looking good. We pull into the Botanical Gardens. AWH, this is where he proposed, we had our engagement pictures, my bridal portraits, and my favorite pics of the boys. We sat on a park bench for a while and just talked, it was so peaceful and sweet. Finally he asked if I wanted my birthday present - umm of course! He pulls out the most beautiful diamond earrings ever, I LOVE them (I mean if I did love inanimate objects I would love them). They are totally my style. We sit for a little longer and then he says we have reservations at Pappasitos, ok its no Trulucks but its good. We walk in and they direct us to the back. We walk through a door and much to my SERIOUS surprise there are 40 of my favorite people. It was perfect! My entire family - my sister from Denver, my sister from Abilene (who drove in just for the party) and my sweet sister-in-law who kept the secret even when she was fixing my hair for me earlier in the evening.
There was yummy fajitas and cake and in the end, it was WAY better than Trulucks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
This was a very good birthday!
Okay, kudos to Dwight. That's stinkin' awesome.
Sounds fun!! (and beautiful :)) I wish I had read this earlier, you were probably wearing the earrings today. Happy Birthday!
Wow! What a nice birthday surprise!!
Very cool...but the analytical part of me still wonders why he asked where you wanted to go? Show us some pics with your two new best friends, k? I'm sure he did a great job picking them out!
What a fun birthday, and I'm so glad you were surprised. Like I said on FB...I really wish we could've made it and had full intention to. But it was all Wade's fault. :)
The party was awesome, the earrings beautiful, the company precious, and Tara-you are so wonderful. I am glad we are thrity together
Post a Comment