Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We've got a lot to cover.

1 - I am an AVID coke drinker. I have often thought about updating my Facebook to say, "Tara is addicted to coke." And while I would find this humorous I am sure that my mom would not. So I am trying to lose weight because I don't want to be the chubby bridesmaid at my sister's wedding (I know its not about me but I have to see the pictures for all of eternity). Desperate times have called for desperate measures..I have given up coke. I am on day 4 of water only, ok on Sunday I had 2 sips of Dwight's Dr. Pepper but that doesn't count. I can do this. I haven't had any headaches and today when my dad took us to McDonalds I ordered a WATER!! I haven't been to Sonic yet, that will be the true test of my will power. I will somehow have to muster all of my strength to order a Route 44 water with extra ice and lime and not a Route 44 coke with extra ice. I can do this. At least until March 28th.

2 - Global perspective through my children's IPod. When we bought our new computer it came with a free ITouch. So we decided it would be for the boys. We put games on it (only free ones) and uploaded a bunch of our movies onto for them. They love it. I put a game called Peekaboo Barn on it and it was hysterical. They liked it so much I splurged and bought it for them - a whopping $1.99. Ok here is where it gets fun. On the free version there are 5 animals and the make their noise and its cute. On the $1.99 version you can set the language to Spanish and it goes through all of the animals with their noises. It is a riot to hear Scout say burro and vacca. I love that he is learning Spanish - we would love to enroll him in a Spanish immersion program a local school offers when he is old enough. But today while Scout was napping, I turned the game on for Ryder and he loved it. He played and clapped along, it was precious. We highly recommend Peekaboo Barn.

3 - Ok back to the losing weight thing. I went to spin class this morning. Ok those people are hardcore. Honestly, I didn't know that Lance Armstrong took spin at my gym. Totally stoked about that one. Seriously the guy had on bike shorts - which I'll give you that one the seats are way uncomfortable - he had on the clippy shoes, a bike jersey, and a bandanna around his head to keep back the sweat. All he needed was an aerodynamic helmet and he would have been ready for the Tour de France. I on the other hand was rocking yoga pants - I don't own any bike shorts but will probably invest in some - and a Wildcat tee. I feel great and think I will make it my Wednesday morning routine. Anyone who wants a good workout and a good laugh is welcome to join me.

4 - Political side note. Who is paying for the economic stimulus plan? Because if it is me I'm going to be a little hacked. And also I'm thinking about not paying my taxes, I'm going to wait out this recession and then offer a settlement to the IRS and see how that will fly.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Before Wade left for class, I made sure he at least left his helmet at home. :)

Shannon said...

Hi, my name is Shannon, and I am addicted to Coke...also. Sorry, Tara. I totally feel your pain!!

Randi Freeby said...

I am so with you on the coke thing. I love coke! I am also proud of you for the spinning class. I think I would pass out just climbing up on the bike.

Unknown said...

People watching in spin class is one of the biggest motivations to attend, I think! I would tell you about all the hilarious people I have laughed at, but I was the girl who showed up every week until I was 9 months pregnant to spin... let's just say the image of me leaning way back on the seat to keep my legs from hitting my belly must have been the most ridiculous sight that gym has ever seen.