Monday, February 16, 2009
Don't hit me
Scout is a very physical kid. He likes to run, jump. tackle, and hit. When he hits we have to stop and say, "Scout, you don't hit." This usually also involves a timeout in his room. But his new thing is when he gets in trouble and gets a spanking he turns around and says, "Don't hit me." Great. We explain that it is not hitting, it is a spanking and he needs to obey. I swatted him the other day in Wal-mart (it was a training issue, he was screaming and throwing things out of the basket). After I spanked him he turned around, put his hands on his hips and very loudly said, "Mommy don't hit me!" Awesome. Thanks. I don't know how we ever had a child that was strong willed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Awesome!
Classic!
HA! Love it!!
I'll be asking more follow-up on this one, because we have a strong-willed, running, jumping, hitting little boy over here as well. As fun as 2 y.o. has been, the discipline side of it is exhausting. So, you'll have to be sure to tell me when you figure out the magic trick. :)
Post a Comment