This year was the best Christmas ever - I may say that every year but honestly this one takes the cake. Last year I was still to drugged up to realize what was going on so I missed out on Ryder's first Christmas. But this year.. .the boys were excited and loved their toys, they loved spending time with their cousins and getting to see their grandparents. And let's be serious you know how there is always one gift that you're like, wow thanks -- and you don't really mean it? I didn't get one of those this year! I loved everything I got. But the best gift (and probably why it was the greatest Christmas ever) was from my Dad. Dad always knows what to get us and it is always perfect, but this year he took the cake. He has been working on my gift for a year! He started on it the day after Christmas last year and finished it on the 24th. He bought a Bible, had his name and the year engraved on it, printed out a daily reading schedule, and then for an entire year used it as his Bible. He made notes, wrote me notes, marked his favorite verses, noted important dates, and took it with him everywhere he went. Then on Christmas morning he wrapped it up and gave it to me. I could not love a gift more. Not only is it God's Word but now my father's writing is all over it. I loved flipping through the pages and seeing what was written, I loved seeing my dad's favorite verses, I loved knowing that my dad was thinking of me as he was reading it. It was the ultimate gift and I can't wait to someday do the same thing for my boys.
(PS in 2007 he did a Bible for my brother, he is doing one in 2009 for Aly and 2010 is all about Abby)
Friday, January 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That truly is the coolest gift ever! What a great idea.
Seriously. The best gift EVER! I'm storing that one away for later.
Wow, that is truly an incredible gift!
I am crying so hard...what an incredible gift that you will treasure forever!!
Okay, that made me cry! That is awesome!
I am all teary eyed. That is the sweetest gift ever! How special will that be to share with your boys. :)
Post a Comment