Thursday, October 16, 2008

The little voice in my head

Ok so an update: I'm training for the Turkey Trot (I might be the only person who has to train for an 8 mile run but that's beside the point) and I have created the ULTIMATE running playlist. We're talking Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Aretha Franklin, The Killers, Beastie Boys, Miley Cyrus, etc, etc.. It helps me rock out while I'm running, I mentally sing along - don't want to waste precious lung capacity on singing - and it helps me keep a rhythm.
As I was running tonight I passed another group of joggers and I couldn't help but imagine how amazing it would be if I had back-up dancers. You know so that when I am rocking out to SexyBack and I pass some joggers me and my team could wow them with our dance abilities. I think it would help my workout and really improve my stamina. And it would be entertainment for the other runners. I mean let's say you are running along, a group of girls run by, and all of a sudden they are doing the new dance moves from Britney Spears Womanizer video. Tell me you wouldn't love it.
So I will be holding auditions next week - it is not a paid position to be a back up dancer but it will be full time. You never know when a great dance song will just pop on the radio and we might be forced to jump out of the car, stop traffic, and preform a super hot dance. Just leave me a comment if you are interested in auditioning.
Oh - and this is open to any of the 3 male readers that I have as well, we are equal opportunity here.

6 comments:

Natalie Gary said...

Hey Tara-

That is awesome. I am not here to audition though. Jeff and I are doing the Turkey Trot too and then the White Rock Half Marathon. Althought I dont think I will have thirteen miles running by then but its worth a shot. Well maybe we will see you at the T-Trot. Keep up the Good Work!!

Kelly said...

Hilarious!

SickBabyNurse said...

I don't kir who youu err. Thas funny!
I could totally picture that as I read it. I completely have daydreams like this, though not always as funny.

Jennifer said...

You. are. hilarious.

Kristen said...

Would love to join you...Think it would be too soon after having a baby??? :)

Still waiting btw.

Julie said...

No auditioning, but add So What by Pink because if you are running 8 miles while I am laying around getting fat on Turkey Day then you are a rock star indeed.