Thursday, September 11, 2008

An Old Email

I've been meaning to post this for a while, it is from an email my sister sent me while my parents were in Denver visiting her.

"My mom lost her phone last night at wal-mart and we went back today to try and find it. We called so many times that eventually someone answered but didn't say anything!!! We were freaking out! So I texted her phone and pretended like I thought my mom was missing or had been kidnapped. Then when I called again and they picked up, in a panic I started asking if my mom was ok, and if she was alive...of course she was standing right by me. :) he said he had the phone but didn't know about my mom!!!!!! I asked him to bring the phone to the customer service where I would be waiting. After several minutes he had not shown up so I called again and this time my dad talked to him. The "thief" said he was on his way. After three more similar phone calls and 15 minutes I called back and a woman answered...another wal-mart employee that worked in the deli!! She was walking in the store with the phone!!! She said that someone gave it to her last night and that she was
so busy in the deli that she forgot to take it to customer service!! But really she had given it to her son! I was on fire! She kept saying it never rang and that they didn't know how to use it! I had called it over 30 times! We had to file a report with another wal-mart employee and now we have to call the store owner!! And we just saw there were a couple calls made from my moms phone at exactly the time it was stolen and when we started calling this morning!!!

Crazy morning! But we have the phone back!! :)"

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's great. So glad the phone is back, AND...it makes a great story!

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

That is a bizarre story as well.

Russ:)