Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Which one do I choose?

Ok today was a bunch of firsts and I had some good results so I wanted to pass them on.

First - early morning cardio workout. 6 am came really early but I have felt great all day. No one was at the gym and there were tons of front row parking spaces. I got up, threw on clothes, and went (and I brushed my teeth) but when I got home I showered and felt way more productive today.

Second - had a few gift cards to Smoothie King, so I stopped in after the work out on my way home. MMMMmm totally worth it. No line at 7 in the morning, and the strawberry banana with protein was perfect. As a matter of fact I was so full from a small smoothie I counted that as breakfast.

Third - Which wich at NothPark Mall (there is also one at TownCenter). The "carhop" type person came and found me in the food court to see if I needed a refill! At a mall fast food place! It's all sandwiches and you fill out these little brown bags of what you want and then pay. Super easy, super great, can't wait to go back again.

Fourth - Shelly's Tilapia. I've been trying to cook more lately, because that's what grown up moms do, right? So Shelly had a recipe for tilapia and I had frozen tilapia so why not try it? Another super easy and the entire family enjoyed it. Scout ate all of his. So here is the recipe:
place tilapia on a slightly greased pan
sprinkle with salt and pepper
melt some butter (I used about 1/2 a stick)
add bread crumbs (Shelly used a food processor on pieces of bread, I used store bought so either will work)
add any other spices you might like (I did lemon peel and onion powder, Shelly used a fish seasoning)
sprinkle in some basil
mix and spread on top of tilapia
bake at 400 for about 18 minutes
AMAZING.

There you go. My 4 great things for today.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like a great day!!

Unknown said...

Please, I don't any more reminders that I need to get it TOGETHER...I have a long way to go to match that day! You are amazing.

Shelly said...

That is one great day! Glad y'all liked the fish!

Shannon said...

I tried your tilapia recipe last night. It was super yummy! A little mushy, so next time I may broil it at the end to make it crisp. Thanks for sharing it!!