You know how there are some things you never want your parents to know about you? Well I would prefer that my parents not know that I leave my kids in the car to get cookies from Celebrity Bakery. But oh the best laid plans....
One Wednesday I was running errands, trying to pick up everything to take dinner to a friend who had a baby, meet another friend for lunch and get home to feed the kids before my spa night with Shelma. Very busy day. I went to lunch with Brittany at La Madeline and after that I was going to swing by Celebrity to pick up the cookies for Chris and her family. I called ahead and had the cookies boxed and ready to go. I pulled into a handicapped parking space (it was right by the door and I could see the spot from the cash register) took my keys in with me and got the counter - now the whole time I am on my cell phone with my friend Allison - and told them my name and pulled out money to pay for said cookies. All of a sudden I hear my full name being called out. I turn around and there sits my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, and niece. I quickly hang up the phone and just walk out. I was totally busted. What do you do? I reparked the car and brought the kiddos in and we sat with them for a while. But seriously I think my family might be questioning my parenting abilities at this point.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I laughed out loud reading this. That's really rough. Did you turn 10 shades of red? Cause I'm pretty sure I would have...and I can guarantee you're not the only one who does little things like that that you want no one else to know about :)
Ha ha ha ha! Did you tell me that story?? If you did I had forgotten it---that's hilarious!! Did we really have that spa night just last week? How quickly that "relaxing" feeling fades. : ) Love you--
I can't tell you how many lectures I got from my mom about leaving Brody in the car when I lived in KS. I lived in a town where EVERYONE left their keys & purses in the car...shoot...most of the farmers just leave their trucks running (and that's while they're in the restaurant!!!). So I didn't see any harm in running in the post office and leaving Brody in the car...but my mom has other ideas ;)
I've always wanted to, but never been brave enough.
That is so funny! What are the odds?!
Oh this makes me laugh!!! Too funny - and you aren't the only one who has ever left her kids in the car to run inside somewhere real quick!!
Post a Comment