Thursday, February 28, 2008

Conversations

There are apparently only 2 people in the world who have my home phone number. 1 - Dwight's sister, but she only calls the home number after she has tried both of our cell phones. 2 - is John McCain. He, thankfully, doesn't have my cell phone number so he just calls the house. And he only calls the house at 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Obviously he was never a stay at home mom trying to get 2 kids to nap at the same time just to regain some sanity. I keep thinking I could take the phone off the hook but then it would be the one time that I get a super important call on the home phone.
And don't you think one call is sufficient? Of the 5 messages on my answering machine 4 are from him (the last one is from Dwight's sister's kids, singing him happy birthday - it is super cute). I haven't decided on who to vote for yet, as Ron Paul probably won't make the cut, but if the harassing phone calls don't stop I may switch parties entirely and vote for Obama.

6 comments:

Natalie Gary said...

No Tara don't switch parties becaues Michelle Obama has called my house everyday since Monday and Barack has called twice. Somehow they are also obtaining cell numbers because last night at church my fried played three messages from Barack on his cell phone.
I'm still in for Ron Paul myself, even though it won't happen!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I am with Natalie. If I get one more piece of mail or phone call from Barack Obama's campaign (at least two from Michelle), I might just scream and bang my head against the wall. I, too, have had entirely too many phone calls from the man! Does 5 in one day seem like too many? The worst part is that I have already voted, and they are all obnoxious recordings thus making it all in vain when I scream the fact that I have already voted into the phone. : ) As an aside, why is John McCain even wasting money on these phone calls? He already has it in the bag. Stupid.

Jennifer said...

That's hilarious - I heard from Obama himself yesterday :) HA!

Courtney said...

That's really weird because we haven't had a single call from McCain but have been INUNDATED with calls from Obama! Driving me crazy!

Oh, still dreaming of Ron Paul making it. I can only wish it actually had more to do with the candidate than the money and publicity.

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

So glad we don't have a home phone #. You would think that John McCain would have the decency to know that 2 in the afternoon is not a good time. Talk about not being in touch with the people. You were kidding about voting for Obama right?

The Sexy Knitter said...

What's the deal with these phone calls from the candidates? Is it a recording or are they having their flunkies call?

Either way, that definitely sounds annoying.