Ok when I was a little girl I was totally cute. My mom always had me in dresses, matching tights, shoes, curled hair and a bow (think adorable not pageant). One Wednesday night, when I looked especially cute, my dad decided it was time for me to be formally introduced to the preacher. He walks up and says, "Jon, I want you to meet my precious daughter Tara." Jon leans in to say hello and what do I do? I punched him in the nose. My dad still registers it as one of the top 10 most embarrassing moments of his life.
Fast forward 27 years. Dwight and I are in Abilene at the MCM Elegante Hotel (formerly the Embassy Suites) and we are wrangling Scout in the hallway. When who should walk up? Our preacher, Rick. We tell Scout to say hi and what does Scout do? Lets out a blood curdling scream right in Rick's face. Nice. Thanks Scout. Now I have one to add to my top 10 most embarrassing moments.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What goes around comes around...
History repeats itself...
cute story.
That's hysterical! I can say that because I wasn't the parent of the cute litle one who screamed at the preacher! he!
Hahahahaha!!!!! That is priceless. You will tell that story forever so maybe it was worth some embarrassment. :)
Post a Comment