Remember when you got excited about opening your own gifts on Christmas - and now you can't wait to see your kid's faces? Remember how later that day you thought, "WOW, I'm getting old!"
I had a WOW moment this morning. The delivery man pulled into my driveway, unloaded his wares, installed them, and left. The first thing I did? I called my husband with tears (yes you read that correctly, tears) of joy. I couldn't wait to use my new toy. I was giddy with excitement. I ran all over the house collecting the necessary items to use my newest gadget. I prepped, I primped, and then I loaded my new washing machine. That's right - I GOT A NEW WASHING MACHINE and I am totally stoked. It is soo super cool. I really already had the laundry separated by the time the delivery guys arrived. I had to run a test cycle, it was agony having to wait 27 minutes to try out the new machine. I put both kids down for naps and then loaded the whites and watched. Exactly 71 minutes later I had clean clothes that weren't still dripping after the spin cycle, no 787 had taken off in our laundry room (aka the garage) and the clothes smelled good. So WOW, I'm getting old when I get really excited about a new washing machine.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment