I am a creature of habit - we have been over this before, I hate change. So when we found out we were expecting again I knew the inevitable was coming. We were going to have to move. I only lived in 3 houses as a kid and once in college I stayed in the same house until I graduated. Dwight and I have lived in this house for over 5 years and its perfect. It is small, but very easy to clean - especially if your parents or in-laws call to drop by at the last minute.
So we have 3 bedrooms: Scout's, ours, and the third is an office. Well for the first little bit I think it would be to difficult for Ryder and Scout to share a room (although b/c of the lack of age difference this is the plan in the future) so each baby needs a room. That means the office has to go. This is tough for us because we have a beautiful desk that our friend Matt made (www.colvinfurniture.com Scout's crib and changing system are also on there).
We went and looked at houses and found nothing. We thought, maybe we will look at a HUD home - ummm wrong. When people move out of HUD homes they basically strip the house leaving walls and concrete, I have no patience to redo a whole house and have a baby. We looked at a few other houses but they are more than 20 minutes away from my mom (I know sounds psycho but with 2 kids under 2 this is a very important selling feature to a home). And our location is amazing right where we are. We are roughly a mile from my one of my sisters, which has been awesome for getting together or for spur of the moment babysitting or for someone to verify a pregnancy test in the middle of the day. We are within walking distance to 2 parks, Pei Wei, our bank, Target, 2 grocery stores, and several other great places. Why would we move? That was what we started to ask ourselves - so we are staying. With a little rearranging we are going to make this work. And while the thought of a new house was nice - I couldn't be more excited with any decision we have made!
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YIPPEEEEEEEEEE!!! I'm SO glad you are staying!!! A few weeks ago when you mentioned you were looking in Bedford I got really sad. :) As if it is THAT far away---but you are just SO close now! I LOVE it!! And by the way---the fact that you refer to me as one of your "sisters" totally gives me warm fuzzies. I've felt like a real one from the beginning! Love you--
Moving is a big deal! You sure don't want to do it unless you LOVE the idea of being where you are going! That was a rambly sentence. Basically, don't move until you are SUPER pumped about your new house!
Post a Comment