Sunday, September 09, 2007

I'm it..

So I haven't really felt like blogging lately, but I was tagged by Kelly so this should help me get back into the swing of things.

The topic is 8 random things about me, so here it goes.

#1 - I bite my nails. The longest I have ever gone with out biting my nails was 3 weeks before my wedding and then I bit them off on my honeymoon. Kind of gross I know, but its a habit. My dad used to tell me I was going to get worms, but I'm 28 and have been biting them since I was 2 and I'm still worm free.

#2 - I enjoy working for my family's steel fabrication company. I have a degree in fashion merchandising and never had a job as fulfilling as when I worked at Anchor. I loved what I did, I loved who I worked with, and I loved my customers. I had very few rough days at work and I found myself actually smiling while driving to work. I just started back, very part time, making sales calls from home and I have loved reconnecting with my old customers. And the really fun part is that most of my sales conversations end up being about life topics rather than work stuff - so I get paid and I get to have intelligent adult conversation on a daily basis!! It's awesome.

#3 - I can't do my grocery shopping at Target, I get to distracted and end up coming home with a new outfit for me, new shoes for Scout, and a bunch of other items that we didn't need. All grocery shopping must be done at Wal-mart (even though this is about to stop because they have really worked hard on improving their clothes and shoes!) or at Albertson's.

#4 - I hate the mascara I am currently using but I am to cheap to throw it away and buy the kind I really like. I am using Loreal Featherlash in dark brown and it stinks, it is runny and it smears super easy - which is a problem is you are pregnant and cry at the drop of a hat - and I don't like the tube it comes in.

#5 - I have a Facebook account and a MySpace page. I also recorded the Justin Timberlake concert on HBO. My youngest sister, Abby, makes fun of me for having a Facebook account - but I have more Facebook friends than Dwight does!

#6 - I'm an introvert. I hate large crowds, but I feel like I fake it pretty well. I would much rather just do something with a small group or my family.

#7 - I hate going to the mountains and it is Dwight's dream vacation. But I also don't really like the beach, too much sand (which is really a nice way of saying "clean" dirt). I prefer to go to a city and do all the fun touristy stuff. I love NYC, it is still one of my favorite places to visit. I went with my mom and 3 sisters in February one year and it was awesome, it was cold but not bitter, and we got to do all the fun girly stuff that husbands make faces about. We went to high tea and musicals and ate a ton of food!

#8 - I secretly want to be able to fit back into my high school cheerleading uniform at some point in my adult life. I would never actually wear it but to know that if I needed a costume for a Halloween party I could put it on would be awesome. And then people would laugh and ask where I got a cheerleading uniform and I would say, "Oh - this old thing? It was mine in high school!" I know, ridiculous, but it will happen someday.

5 comments:

Staci said...

LOL! Love you prepared comment for when asked about the cheerleading uniform! With Spanx (is that how you spell it?) anything is possible! lol

Courtney said...

The mascara thing sounds like me. I can't make myself throw it away until I've used every drop and then I can get a different kind. :) You're hilarious, as always!

Chesley said...

I am with you on the uniform! I would love to say that "I wore this old thing in College"! I too someday will be back in that thing! :)

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

My youngest sister, Abby, makes fun of me for having a Facebook account - but I have more Facebook friends than Dwight does!

I don't know how old you are, but there are many people on Facebook older I am sure, including me, Tara.:) Facebook seems to have a lot of people who graduated from high school from the mid-late 1980s on.

Shelly said...

Ahhh, yes. The NYC trip---my first all girl trip with the in-laws. (And the only one, I might add. We need to do something about that!) I remember wondering how it would be traveling with all of you and on the airplane your mom or someone pulled out the snacks. And we ate like every 3 hours (or less) the whole trip and I knew it was a match made in heaven! That was the best trip!! I'll never forget Aly "accidentally" swallowing her gum over and over. Lots of good memories----can't wait to do it again. . . someday!