Thursday, September 13, 2007

2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back

So for the past 2 days Scout has been sleeping in his crib - I'm not even attempting the big boy bed right now. Here's the story:
Monday night I drop him off at my parent's so I can go coach my cheerleading squad, when I get back I notice he feels a little warm. I chalk it up to playing really hard with Poppy and having a good time. Tuesday he's pretty groggy all day and doesn't want to eat much - I take his temp. and it's only 100.2 (which is not a fever according to the doctor). He takes 2 good naps and drinks a ton of water and even had a dirty diaper so I felt like he was okay. Wednesday I took him back to my parent's (instead of Shelly's) so my dad could watch him so I could go to BSF. I know Scout didn't technically have a fever, but I didn't want to share anything he had with my precious niece and nephew. He slept a little late (8-ish), drank his milk and we jumped in the car. I took his favorites for breakfast, just in case he decided it was a good day to be picky. He was happy when I left and happy when I returned almost 3 hours later. He did sound a little wheezy but he was playing and running and jabbering so I let it go. My dad said he didn't eat any of his breakfast and when we went to meet Dwight for lunch he didn't eat anything again. We went home and he went straight to bed and slept from 1:30 till almost 6!! Not normal. When he got up he sounded like a miniature Darth Vader. It was soo sad. We took him to Care Now and they did some chest x-rays and thought there could possibly be some pneumonia but it would have to be reviewed and they would let me know on Friday. We got home around 10 and he went straight to bed. He was up at 7:15 this morning and back down at 8:15 - he slept until noon! He is taking his medicine and is still happy and playful just sounds so sad. So all that to say, the big boy bed will have to wait until he feels better.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

So sorry to hear that!!! I've been hearing about some of that going around!

Staci said...

Poor guy! I hope he feels better soon. It's not fun when your little guy is sick!!

Chesley said...

It's not at all fun to have a sick baby. Hope you get a good report. We have been dealing with the wheezing thing around here and lack of appetite. Hope little Darth feels better soon!

Monica said...

It seems like there is a bad cold pneumonia type stuff going around. It also seems to be hitting the little guys hard. It is never fun to be at Care Now until 10. Hope all gets better soon. I am impressed about the big boy bed.