We did a breathing treatment at home last night - funny how I told Dwight that I was pinning Scout down at the doctor's office and then Scout just laid in his arms and took the treatment like a big boy. Oh well. He still didn't eat much but he drank a pediasure and went to bed. This is the first time all week he slept a full 12 hours!! It was awesome. I left to go to church and Dwight said that Scout got up, took his next treatment, and then did something he hasn't done since Tuesday morning - HE ATE BREAKFAST!!! He had a pancake (no syrup) and some oranges. We could not be more thrilled. He played till about 11:30 and has been down for a nap since then.
It's funny but last week in our small group we were talking about modern miracles and how they can manifest themselves in different ways then they did in the Bible. We prayed that the Lord would make us acutely aware of the miracles around us. I feel like this is one of His miracles. The Lord blessed so many people to be able to come up with the drugs that Scout has been on, he blessed the doctors with the knowledge to correctly diagnose Scout, and because of what the Lord has done Scout feels better. I am definitely thankful that miracles still happen every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Just catching up on you and your sick one . .. praying he continues to get better and better!
We missed you guys tonight and hope that you all got much-needed, continued rest! We prayed for Scout and complete healing!
Poor little guy. Hang in there. I completely agree about seeing modern medicine as a God-given miracle!
PS: Love the idea for my replacement bag. :) I'm addicted to that Ballard catalog!
Hey...I finally saw a pg picture of you (on summer's blog about her shower). You look super cute!!!
Post a Comment