Thursday, August 16, 2007

Seriously

It happened again last night. I couldn't sleep and so what did I do? I stayed up till 3 AM cleaning out my closet. I really wish I would have taken before and after pictures because it looks amazing! Of course I have no clothes now but I will restock that after I have Ryder.
It all started with me thinking that Dwight and I are actually going to have to share a closet for the first time in our 5 years of marriage. The first couple of years I had my clothes in the guest bedroom and used it as my own personal dressing room. The the guest bedroom became the nursery, so out with my clothes and in with Scout's. I moved my clothes into the master bedroom closet and sweet Dwight put his on the office closet. This worked great until I got pregnant again. Now the office is going to be Scout's "big boy room" and so his clothes go from the nursery to the office. I don't think Dwight liked my idea of having all of his clothes in the garage so we are going to share. I started looking at the space wondering where his clothes would go and then I started noticing all of the stuff that I didn't wear or even like anymore. I had work clothes - don't need those; I had really dressy stuff - don't need those either. So it just sort of snowballed out of control.
Now Dwight has half of the closet as well as 3 of the drawers in my armoire. i bagged up all of the clothes this morning and took them to Goodwill and I am feeling better already.
I think all I need to do now to finish my nesting is paint my bathroom, get a new shower curtain, get curtains for the kitchen, and hang some pictures. I'm glad I still have 18 weeks to go.

3 comments:

Staci said...

Will you PLEASE come to my house?!?!?!?

Unknown said...

I'm with Staci - PLEASE come nest at my house (provided it isn't leveled by Hurricane Dean)! Also, I would hate a Sonic drink without Sonic ice! Seriously, a Diet Coke is just a Diet Coke without Sonic ice.

The Sexy Knitter said...

I feel your pain about sharing a closet with the hubby. I'm very proud of the fact that now, all of my clothes, including shoes, undies, formalwear & pjs, fit on one six-foot bar in the closet! Such a good feeling...