Friday, August 17, 2007

Obsession

 
Posted by Picasa


I don't have too many things I am completely obsessed with - but one thing I CANNOT live without is a Route 44 Sonic drink with extra ice. Sometimes I get a coke with extra ice and sometimes it is a water with extra ice and lime. As a matter of fact I have a Rt 44 coke with extra ice sitting next to me right now.
I usually stop at Sonic for a Rt 44 water with extra ice and lime on my way to the gym. This way I have water while I am working out and I never have to remember to take a water bottle in the house to wash it. Well last night I stopped on my way to exercise class, ordered my water, and waited for the sweet carhop to skate my way. She brings my water, I pay, and then look at the drink. Something is wrong here. I can see the limes and the liquid is clear but there is a weird noise coming from the drink. I lift the lid and the ice is wrong!! It is not Sonic ice - I ask the carhop if they have Sonic ice and she says let her check. She comes back and says no. How can you have a Sonic and not have Sonic ice? And when I order extra ice do you think it is because I want my drink to be extra cold or maybe I like the ice. Why didn't anyone mention they didn't have Sonic ice? I was thoroughly annoyed the rest of the evening.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Yes, when there is no Sonic ice, the person should come over the speaker and say, "Hi, welcome to Sonic. We don't have Sonic ice today. Do you still want anything?"

Unknown said...

This amazes me. MOST people who GO to Sonic are going to get the ICE! My day starts with a diet coke with extra ice, or water with lime with extra ice if I am short on funds! But the best thing about it is the ice. People ask why Sonic drinks are such a big deal - coke is coke. WRONG...when it has Sonic ice in it, it IS different! I'm so sorry for this bummer stop at Sonic. Haven't we discussed this before?
Hugs!
(by the way...did not comment on the last Scout video, but I cried when I watched it. I don't know why...maybe it was your precious voice so excited in the background...it was the good kind of cry!)

Staci said...

I didn't know that Sonic ever ran out of Sonic ice!!! That's strange!!!

Monica said...

I have had that happen to me before and it really throws you for a loop.It is not ok when their ice is different.

Kendra said...

I agree with everyone else. Sorry for your disappointment, and your anger is very justified!!!

Shauna said...

I was also not aware of this Sonic ice disappearing act...what in the world...how could they ever run out? It doesnt even make any sense...right now the whole world doesnt really make sense...

Oh wait...calm down...I have had this same situation with Sonic before...althought it involved leaving my onion ring off of my Bacon Cheeseburger Toaster Sandwich. Just so you know - it hasnt happened AGAIN!!!

The Sexy Knitter said...

They never have Sonic ice at my Sonic. You just get plain old, chopped-up ice. But I can still get a Strawberry Limeade in Florida now, so I'll take what I can get! : )

Still, though. Bummer.

Shelly said...

Where have you been?? We need a new post!! :) love ya--